The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Rare european parts thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrysler kid

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 20, 2002
Mckinney, Texas
Ive been studying up on some subtle differences in export model cars

We all know they required rear fog lights, with amber corner tail lights. However here is a picture of a rear fog light switch

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If you'll also notice below the steering column is a level switch. For going up and down mountains you want to be able to adjust your light

Heres the only photo ive found of the adjustable headlight motor on the back of a European spec headlight

Thats all I really have. I'm sure there are other unique features like folding mirrors but I thought id share these 2 nuggets I found recently

The head lights are not for mountains, its because the europe at a certain year required adjustable lenses, most cars from about 93 got them, i myself have only seen 2GA with it so not sure if after the GA they stopped making them EU legal and self or small company imported so not done via Mitsu EU specs

I have an adjuster switch somewhere,
I also have the clock center console pocket,

some of the Euro cars had an immobilizer system.

Some American models have the immobilizer system/keyless entry system, Im fairly sure that the Euro models would also have the speedometer in Kilometers/hr vs Miles/hr too right?

Some American models have the immobilizer system/keyless entry system.

The USDM cars have a theft-alarm system that can keep the car from starting but the immobilizer is different. The theft alarm system disables the starter.
The immobilizer system uses a transponder key and disables the MPI relay.
USDM eclipses didn't start using a transponder key until the 3rd gen cars.

Last edited:
Every Euro 2G comes with the electric adjustment on the headlights (the knob to the left of the steering wheel has 4 levels). I have a set of those, can take more pictures if needed. The connector on the bottom of the headlight has 6 pins (2 extra are for the electric motors).

The dash is in the following format:

Water temp and oil pressure on the left, tacho going to 7k redline (gearbox has shorter gearing on these, however), and the fuel gauge only to the right. Speedo itself is only in km/h (including trip meter and overall mileage). Also warning lights are mostly icons only and not letters/words. So a Check Engine Light will show up as the little engine icon and not "CHECK" like on some US models.

The tailights consist of an indicator (orange cover), brake light (right next to the indicator), an empty section which is just a reflective chamber, and the rear fog light (outermost edge).

Wing mirrors are retractable, but were never optioned as electric/automatically retractable. You can either push them in by hand and they fold in really nicely, or in the event of an oncoming car or object, it may fold them from the impact. They do tend to stick out maybe close to an inch further out than the USDM side mirrors. However they do have electrical adjustment from the interior, just like most others. Does not come with heaters, though.

As ec17pse mentioned, most EU 2Gs came with a clock/storage middle unit which sat beneath the stereo. I have not seen an EU Eclipse ever come with the Infinity OEM system or double-DIN, so they mostly have the clock compartment. I don't have a good picture of it, but it's a single DIN size, the left half is the small clock (digital), and the right is a pocket where you can fit maybe a cigarette packet or some change.

Otherwise every other part is identical. Brakes were always the single piston front and disc/drum rears. 256mm and 248mm if I'm correct on the rears.

Engine bay fuse box is much larger and in a slightly different location, as the car is N/A, so the front wiper fluid reservoir is put in the place of the sidemount (opening goes through the hole in the chassis where the upper intercooler pipe goes), and the coolant reservoir sits right beside it. Another thing to mention is that, again, I haven't seen any EU 2G DSM come with the factory cruise control. Mounting holes are provided for it in the chassis as usual, but the connector is not wired in and you'll have to run a smaller sized battery. For some reason, every time I went to a shop to get a new battery for this car, the catalog always showed a 74Ah battery, which is always huge in size.

Most of those underhood parts are shared with the Spyder here in the USA, as is the dash for the most part other than the Km/h.

the euro cluster is a bit different from the candian one.

canadian turbo cluster

canadian 420a cluster

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back