The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Quitters- soon ghosts to us (selling/sold my DSM)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazywhitboy

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 4, 2004
NorCal, California
yay!! i finally got rid of my dsm!!! damn thing was a POS :mad: ......i traded it for a 90 300zx....non turbo, but who cares!!! at least it will run!!!!

If you just wanted something that runs, why not get something actually considered reliable? That 300ZX is way to heavy and slow without the sequential TTs. Plus, it's indistinguishable from the TT except by the "twin turbo" badge on the rear so it's safe to say you're going to have those POS dsm's fvcking with you all the time now.

Rice Over Wheat said:
If you just wanted something that runs, why not get something actually considered reliable? That 300ZX is way to heavy and slow without the sequential TTs. Plus, it's indistinguishable from the TT except by the "twin turbo" badge on the rear so it's safe to say you're going to have those POS dsm's fvcking with you all the time now.

I used to have a 91 300zx. Not a bad crusing car or just plain out nice solid car. I miss mine. much more refined than any DSM. Wasnt fast at all, but it was a great ride.

btw, the 300zxTT's turbo's arent sequential. You may be thinking of the Toyota Supra.
But dude, if you're looking for speed, you just threw away the key.

Too bad you got burned on a POS DSM... my DSM has been the most reliable car I've ever owned. I owned a POS mustang and was happy to sell that, but I'll buy another one some day :thumb:

MyBlack94GST said:
Too bad you got burned on a POS DSM...

I was thinking that's what it was too. None of my dsm's were that unreliable sure they had the regular problems but none major. My most expensive thing was having to replace a stock clutch in my 4 yrs of tuning. And i've owned 3 turbo's, 1 non.

i'm not really looking for speed out of this car, just something to cruise around in.....yea i did get burned by a bad dsm, and i sure am glad its gone......i'm sure i will buy another one someday....

I'm with you on the get around car. I just bought a ford explorer so i didn't have to worry about all the costs of owning a sports car. I'll probably get a 1g AWD in a couple months.

yeah i have to admit, im glad krazywhitboy got out from under his talon. that thing was a pos, but for 1000$, it seemed like a good deal. but it wasnt, something was horribly wrong with the tranny, we ghetto rigged it so it drove fine, but the ghetto rig kept leaving him stranded(made the clutch shaft longer with bolts, and they kept coming undone). and it just needed a whole shitload of things to even make it a alright car. then add paint, new wheels and new head, and it really wasnt looking good.

but here we were thinking, "alright, this 300zx is gonna be another huptey(sp?), lets get the car and get out before he figures out the talon sucks ass", but when he rolled up, we both just were kinda OMG , it was pretty dam clean. then the guy drove the talon, liked it. his freind liked it. so signatures were traded, papers signed and the trade was set. krazy didnt even test drive the 300, we just got in and left.

its a pretty sweet car. it sounds awesome, even the stock exhaust makes a low rumble at lower rpms. now theres 1 problem, the throwout bearing is making ALOT of noise, mostly after 45mph, and at 2500-3500rpm. at least, thats what everyone is thinking is the problem. i think it could be 95% the throwout bearing, or 5% cnance the rearend is going out, as ive heard of mustangs making a loud whine at 50mph+ when their rear gears start to give. but if it is gears, then i guess thats easy too. whatever. its a pimp cruising car, we just got done putting in the system 30 minutes ago, and its really crisp. the guy has it already wired for subs, so its plug and play.

They are pretty nice cars, Alittle too big for me.
My sisters bf bought a 91 300zx with full exhaust,intake,rims,carbonfiber hood and a bodykit for $1800. It was non turbo. He just bought it to sell it for profit.which he then sold it for $4,500.

yeah but he has 260k miles on his 300. thats gonna suck if he wants to sell it.

Holy crap...260k miles?! I have a feeling we're going to be hearing about this ZX some mroe very soon. Why else would someone straight trade that car for a 90 Talon? N/A or not, the 300ZX is worth more. Doesn't make sense unless there's something that going to be very expensive to fix...more expensive than fixing the DSM.

You should have paid $50 and had it inspected.

LOL, see thomas....every time i post on this damn site, somebody has something to flame me about....you know what, who gives a shit how many miles are on the car? it still runs 500% better than the POS dsm i had....and thats all i care about. i sell cars (and work on them), i dont' need someone to "inspect" the car before i buy it, i know when there is something wrong with a car. i don't give a #### if its the rear end, the clutch or the entire freakin engine, at least its not a dsm!!

you know what, who gives a shit how many miles are on the car?

I wasent flaming you at all.
Miles mean nothing to me.

My dads jeep cherokee has 366,xxx miles on it and the engine was never touched. It looks brand new for everything being original. Oh yeah.. It also drives like a dream.
Anyways, Good luck with your car.

300zx is a great car. I like the 2+2 for a non turbo. Most I've seen have over 100+ miles & still running strong. A relative of mine has a 94TT & its awsome. V6TT sounds super sweet. :thumb: Good move...if my car wasn't a Spyder I would have bought something else.

krazywhitboy said:
LOL, see thomas....every time i post on this damn site, somebody has something to flame me about....!!

:p very true...Damn DSM owners. hahaha can never get along with anyone.

krazywhitboy said:
LOL, see thomas....every time i post on this damn site, somebody has something to flame me about....you know what, who gives a shit how many miles are on the car? it still runs 500% better than the POS dsm i had....and thats all i care about. i sell cars (and work on them), i dont' need someone to "inspect" the car before i buy it, i know when there is something wrong with a car. i don't give a #### if its the rear end, the clutch or the entire freakin engine, at least its not a dsm!!

if you dont care about anyone elses opinion why do you post on this board. you dont even have a DSM anymore.. so..?

krazywhitboy said:
you know what, who gives a shit how many miles are on the car? it still runs 500% better than the POS dsm i had....and thats all i care about. i sell cars (and work on them), i dont' need someone to "inspect" the car before i buy it, i know when there is something wrong with a car

Really? Well according to your friend:

Thomas91169 said:
krazy didnt even test drive the 300, we just got in and left.
its a pretty sweet car. it sounds awesome, even the stock exhaust makes a low rumble at lower rpms. now theres 1 problem, the throwout bearing is making ALOT of noise, mostly after 45mph, and at 2500-3500rpm. at least, thats what everyone is thinking is the problem. i think it could be 95% the throwout bearing, or 5% cnance the rearend is going out, as ive heard of mustangs making a loud whine at 50mph+ when their rear gears start to give. but if it is gears, then i guess thats easy too. whatever. its a pimp cruising car, we just got done putting in the system 30 minutes ago, and its really crisp. the guy has it already wired for subs, so its plug and play.

Guess you don't need to inspect or test drive a car before you buy it. If you did, you'd probably find out what was wrong with it in the first place. I wish I could find someone like you every time I had to sell a car...just zip tie it together so it holds long enough to roll out the parking lot...

People like you are morons. Any car can be a piece of shit if its not taken care of or abused and you probably bought the cheapest DSM you could wich ment it was worth a crap and you probably didnt have enough mechanical skills to fix it or keep it running :rolleyes: Buy a honda and be done with, they last forever according to everyone :thumbdown

86MCSS said:
People like you are morons. Any car can be a piece of shit if its not taken care of or abused and you probably bought the cheapest DSM you could wich ment it was worth a crap and you probably didnt have enough mechanical skills to fix it or keep it running :rolleyes: Buy a honda and be done with, they last forever according to everyone :thumbdown

hmmmm maybe you should learn the english language before you post next time. hey, they are called "periods", use them...."you probably didn't have enough mechanical skills to fix it or keep it running." ahahahahahahaha thats the funniest thing i have ever heard! so 86MCSS, how many engines have you swapped? or how many clutches have you replaced? have you ever tore down an engine and completely rebuilt it by yourself? if you answered no to any of those questions, shut the fu(k up. i know more about cars than probably half of you 16 year old's on here......god, i feel myself getting stupider and stupider as i sink down to the "dsmers level"....get a life people...... :thumbdown :dsm: :thumbdown :talon: :thumbdown :laser: :thumbdown

Eh... they just pickin out small things ta bug you with. I've noticed that here. :rolleyes: So yea don't bother. :|

woha dude, dont bash DSM's. You have alot of Experiance under your belt no doubt. but I mean really. its a 10+year old car. what do you expect dude????? find a AWD turbo 5spd for around 3 grand that isnt a DSM? yah. There are none. Sorry you got a POS Dsm. but I found out ALOT of info on DSM's before I bought one, and was ready for the problems That I could have before I layed down the cash.

krazywhitboy said:
thats the funniest thing i have ever heard! so 86MCSS, how many engines have you swapped? or how many clutches have you replaced? have you ever tore down an engine and completely rebuilt it by yourself?

Being able to change out parts in a car doesn't equate to intellectual elitism. Engineering those components does.

That's why according to the US Dept of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics (Occupational Outlook Handbook 2004/2005):

Auto service technicians and mechanics earned on average $10.61 to $19.84 per hour, including commission. That's $22,000 to $41,000 a year with a 40 hour work week.
http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos181.htm#earnings

Mechanical engineers earned on average between $50,800 and $78,040 a year.
http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos033.htm

Of course, it doesn't take an engineer to figure out that you should always test drive and professionally inspect a car before you buy it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back