The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Quick question regarding external wastegate

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpoolN

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 20, 2003
Coventry, Rhode_Island
Im running the new sbr cast mani with the 38mm tial wastegate. Well unfortunitly i shredded the gsaket between the wastegate and the mani. So when I go to take the wastegate off one of the bolts snap flush up against the mani. so i got to drill it out. But my car is not in my garage and i would like to get it there it like 3 feet from the garage and i would try to push it but its on a hill so it would just crush me haha. Is there a way that i can run my car with the wastegate off for like 2 mins or is that not the best idea?

You will just have one heck of an exhaust leak but driving it for 5 feet into the garage wont hurt anything especially since in that short distance I doubt you would be trying to open a wastegate anyways. :thumb:

You guys wouldnt happen to know the thread size for that hole do ya

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back