The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Quick MBC/Vaccum line question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjw205

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 4, 2006
Syracuse, New_York
If I run a vaccum line from my j pipe to my wastegate actuator, will that allow me to run stock boost? I am just finishing up a year long build, and I misplaced my MBC. So to get it running, will this work temporarily?

Hooking up directly to the waste gate only allows boost pressure of the minimum spring rate. When you have the BCS installed, it acts as a stock boost controller and generally ups the psi by 2psi. In essence you'll be running a hair lower than what you would be used to.

If that is a concern, just get a manual boost controller, put it inline between your boost source and the waste gate and set it for a few psi higher.

Awesome. Exactly what I wanted to know. I'm running the E3 16G and 10psi will be fine to get it running. Was just making sure it didnt need to be Tee'd off to the intake like the diagrams show. Thanks guys!

:hellyeah:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back