The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

QM twin disc clutch from Maperformance

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilo4

Supporting VIP
Apr 26, 2009
Fairfield, California
I called Maperformance back in April 2010. The QM twin disc clutch was ready to be shipped. I placed the order and two weeks later it never arrived. I call Maperformance and they said the flywheel was back ordered and it will take two weeks to receive the flywheel. Well its almost August now and it's been the same story during the past few months. (1st update from Fidanza, then 2 weeks extension)

I give up and decided to take my loses ($1.5K) and buy a set of twin disc somewhere else. I cannot get a refund because the fund site used to purchased the clutch is no longer around. Anyhow, has anyone purchased a set of twin disc lately from an honest vendor and have a set in stock for a 1G 6bolt AWD. I'm open for either PTT or QM clutch set.

As we have said several times we are very sorry for the delay, but it outside of our control as we do not manufacturer the flywheel in house. We have simply conveyed to you ETA's that have been passed onto us from our supplier, and they have been less than accurate.

Has no one here offered to switch you into the QM flywheel? We have all of the other components in stock (we are the largest QM vendor in this market), the only difference is that the QM flywheel does not include a ring gear so you would either have to reuse your stock ring gear or purchase a new one.

Just to clarify to the community, we would refund this purchase the second it was requested, but the customer has not requested a refund at this point. We are a PTT distributor as well and I would be happy to switch your order over to a PTT clutch and get it shipped out.

In regards to your honesty comment I operate this business with the utmost focus on honesty and integrity. At no point have we lied to you or attempted to defraud you, we are simply waiting on a part. If you want to switch to another part instead or receive a refund all you have to do is let us know and this entire forum post could have been avoided.

Chris Carey, President
[email protected]

Let me get the whole story out to the community. This DSM build was a family project that involves my father and kids. In April 2010, I spoke to Chris and was informed the clutch is in stock. My father and I placed the order to finish our project. I called Chris and said it should be done in 2 weeks. The month of May came around and still no clutch. I called the end of May for a refund, and he would give me a refund but suggested it would be available in a week or two. We've trusted Chris and the company so we decided to wait. June came around and Cris can't be reached. My father who purchased the clutch is no longer with the family. I got a hold of Nik towards the end of June and he did offer to give me a new QM flywheel but with a used ring gear. I paid for new parts and ge suggested giving me part new and part used part made me upset. Who wouldn't be upset for getting half used and new parts.

All this could have been avoided if your employee visually checked to see if the part is "in stock". I understand that Chris is no longer in this forum, but at least who ever took over my purchase order should have informed me of the change. I had to take actions through this community just the get somewhere.

We've been waiting for 4 months now for our clutch. It's too late for a refund because my father is no longer with us. We just want to finish our project. You waited too long to get involve. I shouldn't have go to this forum just to get the part we paid for 4 months ago. I sent you a pm and send me whatever you have new or used and let's get this over with.

I'm sorry for your loss but it's clearly out of Chris hands it honestly its sounds morel like your out to make a bad name for map Which back fired and I honestly don't think that's gonna work...clearly they have tried to resolve the problem and Things like this happen especially with high end parts...I'm sure almost every where you look there's probably a disclaimer that it may not be in stock most company's don't keep infinite stock of Items let alone $1500 items...If you don't wanna refund (I'm sure that they still could refund you)and your not willing to wait any longer I'd gladly take it off your hands and wait how ever long it takes to get in... Lol

Let me get the whole story out to the community. This DSM build was a family project that involves my father and kids. In April 2010, I spoke to Chris and was informed the clutch is in stock. My father and I placed the order to finish our project. I called Chris and said it should be done in 2 weeks. The month of May came around and still no clutch. I called the end of May for a refund, and he would give me a refund but suggested it would be available in a week or two. We've trusted Chris and the company so we decided to wait. June came around and Cris can't be reached. My father who purchased the clutch is no longer with the family. I got a hold of Nik towards the end of June and he did offer to give me a new QM flywheel but with a used ring gear. I paid for new parts and ge suggested giving me part new and part used part made me upset. Who wouldn't be upset for getting half used and new parts.

All this could have been avoided if your employee visually checked to see if the part is "in stock". I understand that Chris is no longer in this forum, but at least who ever took over my purchase order should have informed me of the change. I had to take actions through this community just the get somewhere.

We've been waiting for 4 months now for our clutch. It's too late for a refund because my father is no longer with us. We just want to finish our project. You waited too long to get involve. I shouldn't have go to this forum just to get the part we paid for 4 months ago. I sent you a pm and send me whatever you have new or used and let's get this over with.

I'm sorry to hear about your father, and again I'm sorry for the delay. I'll state once again that any ETA you were provided was the exact ETA provided to us by the manufacturer, and we are just as frustrated as you are that the promised ETA has been missed time and time again.

In regards to not being able to reach Chris Burd that is simply absurd as all of my sales reps are available via AOL instant messenger and email at all times. If you only tried to contact him via this forum then yes you would have a hard time as we recently shuffled around forum responsibilities, but as you mentioned Nick had taken over so no communication should have went unanswered.

In regards to the ring gear we gave you the option of purchasing a new one or having us install a used one here FREE OF CHARGE. The reason our the MAP flywheels are so popular is that they are cheaper and include the ring gear, which is what was originally paid for. The QM flywheel even without ring gear costs significantly more, but we offered it to you for no additional charge for the inconvenience.

I'm sorry but I just don't buy that you had to make a post like this on the forums to get us to take action. As you mentioned above you were offered a refund in May that you declined and Nick offered you an alternative (The QM brand flywheel) in June once we realized that the ETA from the manufacturer simply could not be trusted.

Chris Carey

I'm sorry but I just don't buy that you had to make a post like this on the forums to get us to take action. As you mentioned above you were offered a refund in May that you declined and Nick offered you an alternative (The QM brand flywheel) in June once we realized that the ETA from the manufacturer simply could not be trusted.

Chris Carey

Yes it took this forum to take action. How do you think Nik got in touch with me? That's enough of this non-sense, I've been dealing with this for the past 4 months now. Just send the parts ordered and let's be done with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back