1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Pulse generator Dead? Where to find parts?

Posted by kenwood720, Aug 10, 2019

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. kenwood720

kenwood720 Probationary Member

Joined Feb 29, 2004
    Flemington, New Jersey
    Short story. Car stuck in limp mode and sometimes abruptly shifts up and down.

I pulled the 4 connection plug that goes to the pulse generator. Pins 1 and 2 read 252 ohms which is in spec according to the following thread.

https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/tsi-awd-automatic.372288/

Pins 3 and 4 are not reading anything. I've managed to track down what I think are the part numbers according to this thread: https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/are-1g-2g-pulse-generators-compatible.386117/

But.... I cannot find these parts anywhere. (91 awd) md737682 (revised) md751033 and (2g) md757025
    I'm told that 1G and 2G are the same and that all I need to do is change some plugs.

Where can I find these part numbers? DSMs are becoming scarce.

2. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania

Drag Race Build 3K  24

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. GDNF2ET

GDNF2ET Proven Member

Joined Feb 12, 2003
    VA Beach, Virginia
  4. kenwood720

kenwood720 Probationary Member

Joined Feb 29, 2004
    Flemington, New Jersey
    Thank you guys. Based upon those model numbers I was able to find this on Amazon.

Not sure if you see the link though since I'm still probationary since 2004.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019