The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Pte Scm5031e

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Street_Killer

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 12, 2007
Alberta, Alberta_Canada
Alright, I searched this turbo and found five threads. Correct me if im wrong and provide links please.

Anyways, I didnt find some of the questions I wanted answered.

1) Do you have to dent the waterpipe.
2) Is the install kit from extremepsi that comes with it all I would need? ( EXTREME PSI : Your #1 Source for In Stock Performance Parts - Precision T & E SCM5031 Turbocharger : Mitsubishi Eclipse 90-99 : (460 HP))
3) Would I need a welded 90 or 90 degree coupler?
4) How much up top would I lose if I went with the .48ar instead and how much spool up would I gain? Pretty much is it worth it? I do not plan on using any cams ever or upgrading my engine past arp studs and head gasket.

Considering I just did a full install on a stock 7 bolt, I guess I could answer this well:

1) Do you have to dent the waterpipe.

Yes, I also had to remove the stock waterline (for clearance). A oil drain plug with a copper washer works great to plug the hole from the banjo fitting.

2) Is the install kit from extremepsi that comes with it all I would need? ( EXTREME PSI : Your #1 Source for In Stock Performance Parts - Precision T & E SCM5031 Turbocharger : Mitsubishi Eclipse 90-99 : (460 HP))

I imagine it would, I used my own assortment of gaskets, and RRE oil feed/return lines.

3) Would I need a welded 90 or 90 degree coupler?

Depends on your intercooler setup. You'd need the 90 if you're going with the stock sidemount. Otherwise, all you need is just a FMIC kit for a downfiring turbo (Like the SSAC kit)

4) How much up top would I lose if I went with the .48ar instead and how much spool up would I gain? Pretty much is it worth it? I do not plan on using any cams ever or upgrading my engine past arp studs and head gasket.

It's not worth it. Like I said, I'm on a stock motor no studs, stock headgasket, no cams.. and I wouldn't consider downgrading it to a .48ar. I'd much rather have a E316G then a .48ar 50 trim

For your answer for question number 2. I got a GT manifolds cast manifold from turbochargers.com it has a thicker head flange letting the turbo go out farther and I did not have to dent my water pipe with my 5031e.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back