The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Project rust bucket!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Such a clean body. Is that original? Nice project.

Such a clean body. Is that original? Nice project.

It is! At least from what we can tell. Stupid little things have made it worse though. One being my fault and the other being somebody else; i'll run through them really quick.

The first situation was just ridiculous; I had left my job at NAPA here in Wadena, MN and headed to the other side of town. I took a different route than usual; highway 71 is right in front of NAPA. Instead I took side roads or whatever you'd like to call them. I pull up towards 71 next to our Casey's General Store or whatever they're called now. A kid in a Jeep was in front of me. He kept inching forward towards the stop sign to the point where he passed it and was into the intersection. He thought he has a chance to go; nope! He realized he was took far so without looking he just slammed it into reverse and pinned it.

He backed his ball hitch nearly through my front bumper. Believe me, he got an ear-full of some words I won't post here for many reasons. Thankfully the front license plate wasn't expensive to replace and it cover the tear in the bumper. I think the worst part of the situation was when the police officer arrived and assumed I rear-ended him. I about lost it there. Hahaha.

That covers the front bumper. The rear I messed up. I once backed out of my parents garage right into my dad's '03 Silverado. Didn't phase the truck but sort of bruised my rear bumper. A little buffing took the fade away but you can't deny the slight difference in gap between the tail lights.

I'll just sum the sides of the car up as follows; I worked at NAPA in Wadena for nearly 4 years I believe. Every summer the car was there. So you can imagine the amount of cars and trucks that got parked next to it. Many farmers and many people that don't care as much for some of the vehicles they drive. Needless to say that the sides of this car have plenty of dings and small dents. Not sure if those will ever be fixed simply because I have done the whole full body repaint junk..not fun and honestly not cheap.

I also think my dad is a little tired of body work being he does it 24/7.....and the car we spent nine months worth of weekends repainting no longer runs and needs body work. People I tell ya'! No respect for a mans car!

Alright, enough of my rambling!

God bless!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back