The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Project 9s No Compromise build update!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slippi84

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 8, 2005
Cinnaminson, New_Jersey
So close!!!
9f0b8511.jpg

f1f0e902.jpg

c78eb4c9.jpg

Now she's all the way in and all three bolts are in place and tightened up. Helps when your doing it and it's not raining on and off every 10 minutes. Tomorrow I'll be making lines and figuring out the wiring and what I"ll have to change to make everything work like a charm. Suprisingly enough the lower IC pipe isn't off by that much and it was designed for a bottom mount GT42 setup. The upper rad line I still haven't made up my mind about yet because it all depends on what kind of intake I want to run or if any. The catch can lines and fittings will work out perfect just eyeballing it and wiring doesn't look too bad because Casey had a lot of the same stuff I have. One problem which I will see how big it really is tomorrow is that Brent had a 91 which I have a feeling is a tad different hood wise. My 92 hood is actually hitting the GT42....no bueno.

ede8dd07.jpg

0661a270.jpg

64a70fde.jpg

By the way made a rookie mistake first time trying to shoe horn it in the rear mount bracket was def mounted to the block upside down which made lining stuff up the first go around a litttttttle hard. LOL

you dont need a hood

Hey man looks great. Just get a hood vent so the Turbo clears.

Just wondering; your neighbors don't complain about you working on the car in the parking lot.

Sean, you got to run a CF hood or cut out the skeleton in the area the compressor housing is. Too bad Frank's isn't making them anymore, or else that'd fit perfect then since that's what I was using. Prior to that, I had a skinned stock hood to use just temporarily but that didn't stay on long.

PS: don't forget the starter plate--didn't know if that flywheel was tightened down yet or not. ;)

Oh, also, maybe rotating the turbo counter clockwise (compressor towards the rad) will lower the height too. I had enough room for the hood prop to go over top of the cover as well.

Cool yeah idk what im gonna do for good but tomorrow ill cut the hood skeleton to make it fit. Not sure if i.want to.do.the cf thing with this build. The flywheel is just hand tight right now.

Cool yeah idk what im gonna do for good but tomorrow ill cut the hood skeleton to make it fit. Not sure if i.want to.do.the cf thing with this build. The flywheel is just hand tight right now.

thats gonna be a pain to get the transmission in the car with the motor already in! why didnt you attach them both together then put it in the car? Either way great work ive been following this thread for what seems like years, oh wait it has been years! haha

LOL I didn't pick up my trans yet. After talking to a lot of guys who have gone as fast as I"m looking to go I"m going with a stocker and a welded center diff till she lets go then I'll just rebuild her and go again. I"m really hustling to get her ready for Englishtown.

yo kid good seeing you at the meet. let me know if you need a hand wreching ever. also would like to go see this thing get tuned when u go.. im only in cherry hill so definantly down to go watch.

I found guy in VA with a trans that will get her done for a little while hopefully now I just need to find a way to make a grand to get a tcase and I'M pretty much done. Only other thing is cams but I"m holding off because I have a inside scoop on some SICK cams coming out shortly shhhhhhhhh

looking good bro! what type of ex manifold is that?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back