The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Pre Throttle Boost Source IC vs. Turbo Housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cait sith

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 22, 2002
Brooklyn, New_York
My EVC5 needs a pre throttle boost source, and my FP3052 isn't drilled/tapped for one, which has caused some uh, relatively interesting throttle response when T'd off the BOV line (Aka don't do it).

I was looking around and some people say that doing the j-pipe for a boost source is OK.

I'd rather NOT have to drop the turbo or drill/tap the turbo while it's mounted, but if it's really that much better than the intercooler pipe (pre I/C), I'll do it, but I don't think it's that great?

I'm almost ready to go buy another Hallman. Ugh.

Thanks, I think I'm going to grab a cast elbow and put the port in there. I can always take it out if need be as well.

Cheers!

Speaking of which, what's the diameter of the outlet on a 3052, is it 2.5"? I don't have access to my car at the current moment.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back