The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Power windows and blower motor quit working?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05Nissan350z

Proven Member
Oct 23, 2013
Canton, Ohio
Hey everyone sort of a weird one, did some searching but everything ive found is either the blower doesnt but everything else windows, radio belts etc do or dont. Every thing works for me except the windows and the blower and it happened at the same time.

I installed an aftermarket horn last year and didnt drive it all last summer. When i started driving in fall the horn didnt work. Finally got around to figure out why it just stopped working, tested the switch etc. Decided to look at fuses and noticed it was missing. I must of robbed it for another car that needed one and forgot to replace it. Horn works great! Went to leave and the windows wouldnt go down. Tried turning on the blower and it wouldnt do anything either. Checked all the fuses under the driver side 3 times all are good. Replaced the relay down there with a known good one and still no dice. Everything worked 45 minutes prior to getting my horn to work. I even tried to pull the fuse and see and still nothing... Any ideas? Is there a fuse under the hood or something? I have no ac and its hot and humid here in ohio i need to be able to put my windows down -__-.

Thanks

Got it fixed. Now it wont stay running. I'm about to test out this new ak and make this pos into swiss cheese.

your problem is the alternator fuse its under the hood in the fuse box there are two bolts that hold it down and it is a 100amp if im not mistaken. How do I know this? I attached a circle earth grounding point to what I thought was my alternator ground LOL. Anyways It ended up blowing that fuse because it wasnt a ground it was a power wire so after replacing that fuse and taking that grounding point off my alternator all of my interior stuff like ac power windows locks works again. Check your other fuses too replace anything blown. Oh by the way if you replaced the underhood alternator fuse and still have this problem this is what you do. Grab a cheap automotive test light open your drivers door and near the clutch pedal there is a fuse box use your test light and check these fuses more than likely one or two is blown.

Last edited:
Sooooo this is several years later so you probably don't even have the car anymore...LOL. But, if you still somehow do, and for some reason haven't fixed this issue yet, go back to your driver's side fuse box and check the "Heater Relay" fuse. I know you said you checked ALL the fuses. I thought I had as well, but that one is in the bottom corner, out of the way of the others, and the label sounds irrelevant to your issues. But I would be willing to bet that's your issue. I even bet that your rear defroster wasn't working either, you just didn't notice at first.

I'm saying this mainly for anyone else who is having this same issue. The HVAC blower, power windows and rear defrost are all tied somehow into the heater relay fuse.

Took me several hours (and replacing every f***in fuse under the hood including the ALT one) of banging my head against the wall to figure this one out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back