1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

power steering resivoir relocate

Posted by AZmocoLoco, Sep 6, 2016

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. AZmocoLoco

AZmocoLoco Proven Member

Joined Feb 23, 2016
    Chandler, Arizona
    my car didnt come with ABS, so i was thinking about dropping my power steering resi down to the same area where the ABS would have been. anyone see this done before? oh also, im not new to the dsm game i am just trying to get this stupind probationary member taken off becuase i have a ton of cool ass parts to sell! so anyways, power steering resivoir relocate. been done before? thanks!

Street Build 2K  12

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. spyderdrifter

spyderdrifter Freelancer

Joined Jul 11, 2009
    Fountain, Colorado
    I don't know if it has ever been done before, but the placement of the reservoir is the same as the coolant reservoir. It is at the highest point of that particular system so that any air trapped within can rise up to escape the fluid and not cause problems. Placing the reservoir lower would only cause inefficient flow for releasing any trapped air.

1K  2

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

1K  3

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

2K  5

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    automatic · 2G DSM
    TSiAWD666 likes this.
  3. smills1840

smills1840 Proven Member

Joined Nov 8, 2011
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    It's been done, and I'm about to do it. Jason Drew (@jdxnc ) has had his there for a while.

4. jdxnc

jdxnc Proven Member

Joined Sep 15, 2009
    Stanstead, Vermont
    Yup, mines been in that location for a few years now and the pump relocated to the A/C pump location. Zero issues, the pump is even mounted upside down.

Attached Files:

Street Build 4K  20

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    10.456 @ 136.87 · 2G DSM
    spyderdrifter likes this.
  5. AZmocoLoco

AZmocoLoco Proven Member

Joined Feb 23, 2016
    Chandler, Arizona
    wow thanks for the feedback guys! awesome!!! i am going to re route my PS lines, and drop it down. i am going to keep my AC (arizona) but try to clean it up to the best of my abilities. this event is going down in the next couple of months, so definitely stay tuned!!

Street Build 2K  12

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM