The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

post pics of your supra SMIC installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnhieu

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 16, 2004
panama city, Florida
i just bought a supra smic about a week ago and this weekend i am finally ready to install this thing. i have searched and searched for pics of the engine bay, piping, and how to mount the thing but found very little pics of it installed the right way. im just basically trying to get a REALLY good idea on how to put this thing in and how to do it RIGHT!. i have already looked at the vfaq and alot of people i talk to about it says that its not very helpful. also i will be installing it on a 91 awd.

thanks for the help tuners :thumb:

dnhieu said:
i just bought a supra smic about a week ago and this weekend i am finally ready to install this thing. i have searched and searched for pics of the engine bay, piping, and how to mount the thing but found very little pics of it installed the right way. im just basically trying to get a REALLY good idea on how to put this thing in and how to do it RIGHT!. i have already looked at the vfaq and alot of people i talk to about it says that its not very helpful. also i will be installing it on a 91 awd.

thanks for the help tuners :thumb:
Found this one by browsing the VFAQ:
http://www.geocities.com/bennyhoffb/cepadsm/supraicvfaq/

No pic of the final install, but it gives you advice on how to install it.

I hope your not putting it in a Auto because its next to impossible, I mounted one in mine then realized that there was next to no room to run the intercooler pipe.

NeOzz1 said:
I hope your not putting it in a Auto because its next to impossible, I mounted one in mine then realized that there was next to no room to run the intercooler pipe.

thanks for the advise man but i got a 5spd awd :thumb: im really just curious on how people ran their intercooler piping. i also wanted to know how they mounted it in their with out it pushing the bumper out to much.

thanks and keep the replys commin :thumb:

I actually had some flat about .5 inch wide metal pieces that I bent and went from the bottom to the side sidemount mount and ziptied all the way around it from the top, my bumper stuck out a bit but not to bad i could still get the plastic stone guard on i was going to rap thin metal around it and mount it to the top but when i got it in there i realized i could not run the piping, and you will have to do some cutting, basically if u read the how to u will have to do everything they say u have to. I took mine to Switzer's shop after realizing i could not pipe it and he said after paying him to do it i mite as well buy water alcohol injection because it will be more effective so that is what i am doing.

i just installed mine today with full 2.5" piping from the jpipe to the intercooler, intercooler to throttle body elbow. fitment isnt great. sticks out past the edge of the bumper just a tad. i will post pics tomorrow. also, piping can sit pretty low under the car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back