The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Polished intake manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yokotabrat

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 11, 2004
Longmont, Colorado
Figured I'd post some pictures of some recent polishing I did. I went ahead and shaved and polished an intake manifold I have. Turned out pretty good, although not perfect. Since the manifold is cast, there were a couple of pin holes that showed up later on in the sanding that I apparently didn't get out completely during the initial rough sanding. I'm hesitant to redo it since this manifold is extrudehoned and I don't want to mess it up.

Anyway, let me know what you think. I've got more things I'll be polishing here in the next few weeks. Hopefully these pictures show up and are sized correctly.

Attachments

• polished intake mani resized.jpg
    polished intake mani resized.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 530
  • Polished intake mani w-o flash resized.JPG
    Polished intake mani w-o flash resized.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 535
Very nice Bert. I like how you only polished the plenum. Kudos! :thumb:

If you could perhaps do your own writeup on the polishing process, it would be helpful for those of us who aren't familiar with polishing techniques. Sure, we have one here, but I'd like to hear your take on it (in case you have some different tips you would like to share).

Thanks Anthony! I spent quite a bit of time on it. I ended up trying two different methods, basically without and with a 3/4hp buffer. The buffer ended up being a better finish than hand sanding and polishing compound. I'll take some pics of the setup once I get it finalized and write something up.

From a professional standpoint, That LOOKS awesome keep up the good work :thumb::thumb:

Thanks for the comments. It still looks pretty good. I was expecting it to oxidize more than it has.

I bought it from someone on here used, but I'd assume it was done by extrudehone, but I'm not 100% sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back