The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Po170

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GST_IceTea

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 7, 2011
West Boylston, Massachusetts
PO170 came up today. Fuel trim bank one. I just had my o2 sensor replaced on my exhaust. Could bank 1 be a bad o2 sensor on the o2 sensor housing near the turbo. ? Any suggestions?

P0170 many times is the front O2 sensor but can be any of the many sensors (or their connectors/wiring) the ECU uses to compute fuel compensation values in closed loop air-fuel ratio control. It also can be a failing injector, incorrect fuel pressure, air leak, fuel contamination, exhaust gas leak around manifold or O2 or front pipes. In other words, anything that would cause the ECU to compute fuel compensation values that are out of range.

i replaced the down stream o2 about 3-4 weeks ago. i was driving on the highway yesterday and the check engine light came on. the vehicle drives fine and havent noticed anything changes. im thinking about just changing the up stream 02 sensor. it seems like alot of people on here have done that for that code.

i replaced the down stream o2 about 3-4 weeks ago. i was driving on the highway yesterday and the check engine light came on. the vehicle drives fine and havent noticed anything changes. im thinking about just changing the up stream 02 sensor. it seems like alot of people on here have done that for that code.

When I got the code years ago, changing the front o2 sensor fixed the problem. You will get terrible gas millage if you don't replace the bad o2 sensor.

When I got the code years ago, changing the front o2 sensor fixed the problem. You will get terrible gas millage if you don't replace the bad o2 sensor.

thxs man. yea i looked at the front 02 sensor and it definitely hasnt been replaced. i was thinking about just going to napa and picking one up or is it nescessary to get one from the dealer.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back