The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

DSC03525.JPG

PMA1123's Talon

92 TSi AWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks, I will change them to smooth lined FI style. Hose is constant submersible, just re-used, trimmed to work with this pump height.

Is there a better connector hose option for E85 submersion?

I do plan to set this car up for flex fuel in return line but getting it running/pumpgas is the realistic goal for its next season(s) of use.
 
E85 eats up rubber over time (even if it's submersible safe) and you will find all that crap in your fuel filter if you have a good one that traps up to 10 micron. Just change it out maybe a couple years? Another better option is to use fuel tubes as seen here. They are not affected by E but you would need to research what size you need.
 
Appreciate the link diambo!! Thats the right way forward; I just bought enough supplies for both of my cars and Oetiker clamps to sort this out.

Added pic…used the shortest 10mm x 140mm tube, manipulated into place and clamped.

IMG_0641.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Between the Shootout, local drag races, spending time with family/friends, and generally just keeping life on track; its been over a month since last post here!

The cylinder head is out being redone and I've been telling myself "that'll be done in October", which felt like a long ways out back in August. (Looks at calendar OMG )

With that realization, yesterday I spent an hour tackling the snapped-off alternator bolt.

This isn't a huge accomplishment, but I'm starting to re-focus on steps ahead.
I need to organize my work area a bit more and I'll get into shortblock reassembly.

WPboltextract.jpg
 
Between the Shootout, local drag races, spending time with family/friends, and generally just keeping life on track; its been over a month since last post here!

The cylinder head is out being redone and I've been telling myself "that'll be done in October", which felt like a long ways out back in August. (Looks at calendar OMG )

With that realization, yesterday I spent an hour tackling the snapped-off alternator bolt.

This isn't a huge accomplishment, but I'm starting to re-focus on steps ahead.
I need to organize my work area a bit more and I'll get into shortblock reassembly.

View attachment 800365
Kudos to you for getting one of screw extractors to successfully work because, I, to this day, have never successfully used one, but i have broken one off on like 3 different occassions and have had to drill through both the extractor and the bolt. 🤣
 
It is funny you mention that!! I have re-named the twist-style extractors; "EZ Snaps"!!

My favorite for this situation is to just use a center punch or chisel to see if you could get it to turn. This one was pretty jammed and didn't want to budge so I had to make a nice center mark with a die grinder and drill carefully.

I got started with the smaller size extractor, and could feel torsional twist and stopped immediately, backed it out, and grabbed the next larger one. (both were brand new starting out)

Once the broken bolt piece was out, I took both sizes of "EZ Snaps" and threw them away so I wouldn't be temped to ruin a future project with them! They are super hard/super brittle.

At work, I use the square shaped extractors with a lot of success and I feel they are a bit more robust than these twist style. (haven't broken one)
After a use or two, the edges get dull and don't grab the broken bolt the same as new so I throw those away also.
 
Once the broken bolt piece was out, I took both sizes of "EZ Snaps" and threw them away so I wouldn't be temped to ruin a future project with them! They are super hard/super brittle....
Thats what i did 😅
...and ive never felt more satisfied and accomplished by throwing tools away. Threw away a set of the Irwins and the left hand drill bit shit. I was just done that day .
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Latest Classifieds

  • For sale 2g 2g AWD auto trans case
    2g AWD auto trans case. No broken bolts or stripped threads. Bead blasted case will look new...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 2g 2g GST auto trans case
    2g auto trans case. With bearing plate and end case covers. Good condition. Trans was like...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • Wanted 2g 2g radiator support
    Im looking for a radiator support if anyone has one
    • Fundsm
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 4G63 3 inch Magnaflow SS high flow cat. CA approved.
    3 inch Magnaflow stainless cat. High flow. 18.25 inches. Flange holes are 4 1/8 center. Has...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 4G63 Race parts.
    Brand new seal in box Kigglys HLA 175$Kigglys 12 tooth billet crankshaft triggel setup 250$...
    • GST2012GSX
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top