The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Please help!! running rich

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh38127

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 2, 2009
Memphis, Tennessee
I have a 90 GS-T. I saw The Fast and Furious and had to get a DSM.HAHAHa Jk. I got it in a trade;all fun aside. I got it to crank and run with much help from this site. My car will crank but the idle is choppy, it stumbles when reved till 3500rpms. Its running rich (black smoke). I need to know how fix it.

Tired of walking:cry:

thats a pretty breif description -- can you tell us what you did to get it to run? was it not running when you recieved the car?

could be a whole list of things -- boost leak, injectors, crap plugs, on and on and on

need to let us in on a little info for some help:hellyeah:

was the timing belt changed recently??

When I got the It wouldn't do anything. I bought a new TPS, Crank angle sensor, a Boneyard Ecu(car didn't have one)from same car. New plugs NGK Fair timing belt . That where I am at Hitmachine101. So lets hear that list LOLth

also the boost guage shows 10lbs of boost while not in gear.

Last edited:
Do a boost leak test. Are you on stock injectors? Aftermarket fuel pump? You have your MAS plugged in?

check the maf, make sure it is plugged in and that it is connected properly, also , check for vacuum/boost leaks. make sure the lines are connected where they need to be. do you have a logger or a wideband?

check the maf, make sure it is plugged in and that it is connected properly, also , check for vacuum/boost leaks. make sure the lines are connected where they need to be. do you have a logger or a wideband?

I understand how to check vac. How I check perform a boost leak check what do I need to? Also the car doesn't have a cat anymore. IT removed before I got it but it still has the Stock 2" pipes with a can. No I do not own a wideband.

Last edited:
Click on search at top of the page, then click on search forums, and then enter the keyword(s) you want to search for (ie. boost leak tester) and hit enter. It's as easy as that and you can find almost anything you are trying to find out about by searching. Most of the time if you just take the time to search and read you can answer your own questions.

When you search for specific things you want to select "titles only" so it give a more exact search.
Here is the information on the boost leak tester
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/new...se-troubleshoot-boost-leak-tester-merged.html

Please start correcting your spelling and grammar (mainly for incoherent sentence structure ;)). It's better for one of us to tell you than a mod warning you. I don't think you would want your thread to be locked.

Taken from above the quick reply box

Before You Reply:
No "Use the Search" replies - answer the question, link to the answer, or don't reply.
No insults, smart ass replies, or any other replies that violate our posting policies.
Don't try to help if you don't know the answer - bad advice is often worse than no advice (no "I think" or "I guess" or "I've heard").
No getting off-topic - if you're not replying to the thread starter's original post, take it to PMs/email or start a new thread.
Use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation when posting in our Tech Forums - don't use texting/instant messaging lingo here. This isn't an English class, but we demand that you at least make an attempt or your posts will be deleted. Internet Explorer users should download IEspell or just use Firefox since it has spell check built-in.

Complete Site Rules

I noticed that when I turn the key to the on position my ISC makes a steady clicking noise. Somebody removed the hose from the BOV to the big hose that connects the air box to the turbo. Would that be the leak?

Sorry about my gammer skill.

8 boost leaks Is that a record

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back