The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Pictures of the Sheetmetal work

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welfle18

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 14, 2006
Norwalk, Ohio
Just some random pictures I took after I put the bondo on. Should of posted some pictures before I welded the patches on and whatnot but didnt think about it. I am not the best body work person but I do have about 2 years experience so I did my best. I should also mention that it was hand sanded as I didnt have a DA. Turned out good for the most part. Just got to feather it all in with some 220-320 whatever it takes and then going to to rattle can it.
There is a picture of the delta k272's also. The best thing about these were the fact that they are already drilled and tapped on the end for the cas.
The last picture I tried to depict where the metal completely rusted through. That is what the brown spots are supposed to be. Let me know what you think.

Gotta love the lovely paint jobs from mitsubishi too as you can see from my fenders. My whole roof is lacking clear coat also. Anyways thought I would mention that too seeing how I forgot to in the entry.

Not really digging all the bondo. I know what a pain that was to fix though, I had to repair my drivers side. I could stick my fist through the hole and touch the tire or control arm.

yeah its gonna get painted when its all said and done. The bondo is not really as bad as it looks. The pieces I welded in there were ground down but still stood higher than the rest of the metal just used the bondo to transition the pieces. When its painted youll never know the difference. Mine was about that bad, I could definately get my fist in there .

yeah progress has been slow lately but I did get the sheet metal work done along with some freshly blasted and painted motor mounts. Ran my oil gauge line and new boost line also. Finished my wiring of my wideband also.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back