The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Passenger Side Axle giving me problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

initialRES

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 27, 2003
Fort Worth, TexasUS
Well I have been working on changing out my clutch for the past few hours (first time). I am almost to the point of removing my clutch but I have gotten stuck on the passenger side axle. Its not coming out and I don't know what to do. I read the VFAQ and the tech article on here. They just say to pry real hard and tap it. Please tell me how to get this axle out. Everything else has gone perfectly and I can't wait to get this feramic clutch in. Please any tips are greatly appreciated.

You're trying to get the axle out of the tranny, right?

My advice is to pry hard, pry REALLY hard.
What I do is this; I stick the prybar in place so it hangs down and I don't have to hold it, then lay in my side and kick the prybar with my foot. BTW I have a strong prybar. If you want to be more gentle, have a friend pry it from the top while you pry it from underneath. That should put a balanced force on the axle. Good Luck

damn it I hate forcing things like this. I hope that does it. I'll try tomorrow. But yeah its from the tranny and I'm afraid to break stuff. Any other tips? If not, Ima just pry the shit out of this thing and hope it works.

getting the passenger axle out was such a PITA for me! just keep prying, it'l come out. Mine was after 130k miles, and was in there good. i worked one side of it, got it out maye 1/8th inch, then rotated the wheel and worked on the other side..

What did you guys use to pry it out? I have been using a long screw driver but I'm thinking i'm gonna get a big pry bar at the store today because the screw driver doesn't seem like enough

well I used pneumo's idea and just pressed on they pry bar with my foot. It came out real quick then. Thank god, I was getting tired of all that crap. Anyway, thanks for the help guys. I'm sure there will be more in the future, I'll be posting again I'm sure.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back