The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

passenger airbag warped and coming out, how to fix

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RGdsmNewb

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 19, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta_Canada
Haven't driven the DSM in a long time... airbag/cover was originally coming out a bit, maybe from heat or something, but now it looks as if it's going to explode in the passengers face LOL.

I have no idea what to do about this or how to go about fixing it... do i need a full new cover or airbag or what?

Would really appreciate if someone could give me some insight on what to do... makes the car look like crap.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Some have had a little luck taking it out and gluing the cover back in place. Most just buy a good one from the classifieds or junk yard and swap them out. The cover and airbag is one unit, they're only $30 or so.

Ive seen people use gorilla glue on stuff like that but as someone else mentioned, I would find a good one from a part out

For mine that had edges sticking up I mixed up some JB Weld/Epoxy, slathered it under the raised end and then use vice grips to keep it together until cured.

Easiest thing would be to just swap it out with one from ebay or the classified. It is held in with two 10mm bolts and 2 phillips screws. remove the clips that only alow the glove box to come open so far and let the glove box hang to get easy access to these faseners. it plugs into the harness to the left of the glove box. Fallow the red wire loomed wires to this connector. It may be easier to remove the center console side access panel to get to the connector.

Easiest thing would be to just swap it out with one from ebay or the classified. It is held in with two 10mm bolts and 2 phillips screws. remove the clips that only alow the glove box to come open so far and let the glove box hang to get easy access to these faseners. it plugs into the harness to the left of the glove box. Fallow the red wire loomed wires to this connector. It may be easier to remove the center console side access panel to get to the connector.

i didnt realize this was such an easy fix, i wouldve taken care of mine months ago.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back