The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G P0622 code/ brake, battery and A/T temp light

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seangoodie2

Probationary Member
Dec 3, 2013
Port Deposit, Maryland
Looking for some help with my p0622 code and a/t temp, brake and battery light on dash. After driving for about 2 or 3 miles my a/t temp, brake, and battery light come on and will occasionally go off but stays on a majority of the time. Ive captured some data logs where it shows the voltage at around 13 volts pretty consistantly for a while but when the lights come on while im driving it drops to 11 and 12 and all my lights will dim. I have a 97 2g gsx with an evo8 ecu. I remember seeing posts on the evo8 ecu thread from like 2011 on the p0622, but I recently got my car out again for the first time in 5 years and I can’t find the thread I was looking for. Could this be an issue with the alternator getting too much heat? Any help from where to start would be greatly appreciated.

I'd guess alternator is the culprit. Have it tested. Is it soaked in power steering fluid?
I’ll have it tested. Power steering was foaming up last night when I started the car for the first time in about 5 years. Not sure if it’s running onto the alternator. Think heat from the down pipe or hot side of the turbo could have anything to do with it?

Lot of us have it in the same location. Sure it gets hot, but it's just age and/or leak from p/s pump that makes them go bad. Remember our cars are over 20 years old.
Thanks for the help. I'll have it tested tonight. Im going to purge my power steering and hopefully it'll stop foaming up. If not, I'll look at replacing the pump and lines to ensure power steering fluid isn't leaking onto the alternator.

Thanks for the help. I'll have it tested tonight. Im going to purge my power steering and hopefully it'll stop foaming up. If not, I'll look at replacing the pump and lines to ensure power steering fluid isn't leaking onto the alternator.

No problem man. You can buy rebuild kits for the p/s pump for $20 from Gates. It's not hard and I'd mod it too. Wish I had done the mod when I had it apart.

When you do this, us aluminium foil and shape to to a bowl you can put under the pump. It'll leak all over the place.

https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/how-to-rebuild-and-modify-a-power-steering-pump.345914/

Just Recently had the same light symptoms on my 97 GSX (A/t Temp, Brake and Battery light would be on, but dim). Alternator tested fine at store and still charged fine. Swapped with a known good alternator I had on my parts shelf and no more lights!

Just Recently had the same light symptoms on my 97 GSX (A/t Temp, Brake and Battery light would be on, but dim). Alternator tested fine at store and still charged fine. Swapped with a known good alternator I had on my parts shelf and no more lights!
Yeah this has been a nagging issue since I got the ca. Bought it in 2014, drove it for about 6 months with minimal issues (besides the aforementioned one). Went away to college and let the car's tags expire and fall off of insurance. This is pretty much the only issue I'll need to fix to get it through emissions. I believe when I bought the car I threw a new alternator on it and it was fine for a bit, but the issue came back. I'll look to replace the alternator, power steering pump and lines. Hopefully that fixes it.

I would suggest an OEM alternator, if you changed the alternator, then I will suspect is a reman one, find a used OEM alternator in good conditions or rebuild it if it’s bad, they last for years.

I got an autopart store a life time warranty alternator, but I got frustrated to change it so often that I pick up a used OEM at the junkyard and never had a problem again.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back