The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G over heating!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nxlx88

Probationary Member
Jan 29, 2003
dayton_ohio
i have a major problem and i don't know what to look at my car is overheating after about 10 minutes of driving. i run and electric fan on a switch and just pulled the thermostat and it is still overheating. there is white smoke coming out of the exhaust.. i'm new with talons if anyone could help i would appreiate it thanks sean :talon:

Are you leaking coolant?If so,where?How hot are you getting?White smoke out of the exhaust would mean your burning coolant somewhere,How many miles on the car?If your leaking from down by where your belts are i would say water pump.Flush the shi+ out of your radiator.

Originally posted by Defiant
Put the thermostat back in IMMEDIATELY.

You have a blown head gasket.

Ya What he ^^^^ said
Check your oil...do you have coolant in you oil,Should look kinda milky

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back