The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Our sleeper 1g Makes 619whp out of a FP3065

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucasEnglish

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 23, 2004
Washougal, Washington
So after our catastrophe last year with the oil filter blowing the O-ring we decided to see if we could set some records on the FP3065. So we took the motor from a Eagle 9:1 comp motor to a 11:1 Alum Rod motor. Venting the waste gate, Pulling the Power steering. Trying to see if we can hit a 9.7 in the 1/4 with the car. We went 10.0 last year with the car.

Mods that matter
-11:1 Alum rod motor English Racing Built
-Forced Performance FP3065 turbo with V-band 44mm gate and 3in O2 housing
-3in sleeper TBE
-Ported head done by Jeff Bush
-Kiggly beehive valve springs
-FP2 Cams
-JMF sheet metal intake
-ETS 4in FMIC with 2.5in lower piping and 3in upper
-MAFT Translator with 3.5in GM MAF with no Honey comb
-DSM link for tuning
-RC 1600cc injectors
-twin 255hp pumps with Aeromotive regulator -6 supply and return
-English Racing Built trans with dbl cone 2-4 welded ctr diff
-QM twin disc

Dyno Sheets
this is about 31psi running out of fuel. I think once we get the fuel system straight the car might do close to 650whp.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here is a little vid I made

YouTube - The green car

Are you saying you need more than two pumps for 650? Or are you saying you dont have enough injector to push that?

James :laser::talon:

Why such high compression? I've never seen it that high in a dsm

The comp is to makes as much HP as possible out of the combo. I want to try and run a 9.7 on this turbo.

The way the fuel pumps are in line its dropping pressure. I am going to change the pump setup to get the pressure back up.

No Plans for spray.

Guys way to push this turbo. it’s a beast. Use to love this turbo. We had a few of them going 9.x years ago.
Good luck with it looks like a true sleeper.

92 talon
Eagle wiseco 8.3-1
Stock tb
Stock exhaust mani
32psi on c16
Made 620-640 mustang dyno cant remember exact number
Car ran 9.7 at 153mph

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ee1nDTsFgic&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ee1nDTsFgic&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Very nice! I wish mine could break 600whp. I need to bring my car to you for some tuning. Do you have any plans to come to Spokane again? I'm running a 3065 w/75 shot in a 95 auto gsx.

Lucas I presume this was done on E85? Do you have any dsmlink logs you can share with us thanks.

Damn it Lucas! You guys are too awesome! Gives me something to aim for with my new 3065, just as soon as I have you build my tranny.

:hellyeah:

That's some good numbers, can't watch your vids or see your pictures on my work network, I'll check it out later.
I made 609 on that turbo, love it.
Looking for lower times as well. My goal before I decided to sell was 8.99 on that turbo. With the right car, it can be done IMO.
Good Luck man!!

Yeah I assumed the same thing had to either be bad ass race gas or E85. I don't even think rca efuel would let you get away with that kind of boost with 11:1. I think that you would have reached the numbers you wanted easier with more boost rather than more compression. That turbo can run 35psi and hit 9's with a good tune.

Sorry its on E85

I do have the logs. Will try and get them up for you guys

It said E98 in the vid. Thats 98% ethanol instead of 85% which means its even more knock resistant, but it requires even more fuel to supply those power numbers. Im sure this car is already on some huge ####ing injectors.

Nice runs, looks like it pulls hard and smooth throughout the powerband.
11.1 CR sound interesting, I am curious what your timing curve looks like on that high of compression?
Also seems like your revving a little over 9k? Perhaps step up to some better cams that provide more power up at that rpm?

Its E85 with the 15% being C16. My original 582 was E98 but the car started going lean so I dumped a gallon of C16 in.

I have the limiter set at 9500rpm but I was trying to cut the pulls right at 9k.

Nice beast ! What was that smoke around the pass. side of the motor ?

Can you post the TQ dyno graph? I'm curious to see what it looked like.

Is FP3065 still on Mitsu-style inlet flange?

Very impressive #s:hellyeah:

May I ask what mufflers/resonators you're running? I'm looking to redo my 3" turboback, and want it to be quieter, yet still flow well.

Awesome numbers like always Lucas. That's some very impressive power on a 3065.

Wow, really impressive numbers!

Very nice! love the sleeper! need to go to wierd drag strips and put some of those mustangs to shame LOL

The smoke is from the catch can. We have to 1/2in hoses running into the can. We built this motor lose to take a beating.

Sorry no TQ # the pick up on the dyno was not working right.

The fastest recorded time for a 3065 that I am aware of is my man Dejan with a 9.69. Good luck in your quest, records are made to be broken.

Later DR Turbo

So after our catastrophe last year with the oil filter blowing the O-ring we decided to see if we could set some records on the FP3065. So we took the motor from a Eagle 9:1 comp motor to a 11:1 Alum Rod motor. Venting the waste gate, Pulling the Power steering. Trying to see if we can hit a 9.7 in the 1/4 with the car. We went 10.0 last year with the car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back