The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Oil Pressure, Lots of Leaking????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dagda

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 28, 2007
Akron, Ohio
so i changed my oil, and added the lucas oil stabilizer for the lifter tick, and had about 5 quarts or so total, maybe 5.5 at the most. i drove it around for a month or two, no problems at all. the oil pressure was a little high when i'd boost, but it never seemed crazy high at all. couple weeks ago, i go into my garage and find a very big puddle of oil under the car. i get underneath it and see its coming from the joint of the engine and transmission, or at least thats where all the oil has acculmated and is dripping.

i figured it was the rear main seal, but i put a little more oil in it to fill it up completely, it only took about 1 quart, and i ran it while i had it up on jacks. 10 minutes. nothing happend. its like the leak stopped. ?????????????

how can this be? what was the problem? will it come back?

thanks alot, i really gotta figure this out soon.

Im not an expert but im very familiar with leaks. It has to be one of 2 types of leaks. Either its leaking when the engine is running (pressure) or when the engine is at a stop (non pressure) .

Before you lower the car back down to its normal position wipe off all oil on the ground and around the engine.
Next lower the car to how it would normally sit. Check the oil level and make sure its toped off. Then have someone start the car while you look under for an leaks. If none occur let it run for about 10 minutes and then turn it off.
There might be a good possiblity that it might leak after you turn it off. Give it a few minutes and see if there are any signs of a leak. Usually when its a engine off leak it takes a while for it to start leaking.

When you find out that its leaking take a good bright light and start from the top and work your way to the bottom of the engine bay.

Hope this helps.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back