1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G OFH for 95 talon tsi

Posted by Marcelino Eudave, Oct 1, 2020

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing
  1. Marcelino Eudave

Marcelino Eudave Probationary Member

Joined Sep 17, 2020
    Jerome, Idaho
    I recently bought a talon with a cracked oil filter housing and I can’t find the correct one. I’ve tried two different ones but they don’t seem to fit. The first one I tried was apparently for a 6 bolt, “I have a 7 bolt”! The second one I bought also didn’t fit, both bottom mounting holes didn’t line up to my motor. Was told that it would mount right up to my 7 bolt! I need help finding a part number or if anyone can tell me exactly what one I need. The first pictures are the one it came with and the last picture are the ones I tried. Any help would be appreciated.
    9E0B87C5-05B2-4445-AC3A-F94F1341C0B7.jpeg AF6B3ADA-D5FB-4077-AE66-B88E9E317820.jpeg 78F4DAF8-9083-4C6B-ADA7-37601E74797F.jpeg

Street Build 127  2

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. spyderdrifter

spyderdrifter Freelancer

Joined Jul 11, 2009
    Fountain, Colorado
    So in your last pic that shows two OFH's, do you need the left or right OFH? Send me a PM, I can probably help you out.

2K  2

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

2K  3

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

2K  5

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    automatic · 2G DSM
  3. Marcelino Eudave

Joined Sep 17, 2020
    Jerome, Idaho
    No the last Pic with both are the ones I sourced out and bought but they don’t fit. The one I need are the first two pictures with the white oil filter

Street Build 127  2

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. 19Eclipse90

19Eclipse90 DSM Wiseman

Joined Sep 29, 2003
    OKC, Oklahoma
  5. Marcelino Eudave

Joined Sep 17, 2020
    Jerome, Idaho
    So I was doing a little more research and found out that the ofh that i had on is a non turbo 4g63 ofh. I’m wondering if any of you guys can verify this hopefully helpful discovery of mine!!!
    D31C3F68-52E6-4383-B2AD-37B5E751C189.jpeg

Street Build 127  2

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  6. 19Eclipse90

19Eclipse90 DSM Wiseman

Joined Sep 29, 2003
    OKC, Oklahoma
    It is. But if it's a DSM housing, the bolt pattern should still match one of the other housings.

A DSM 6-bolt pattern is a DSM 6-bolt pattern whether turbo or non-turbo. The same holds true for the DSM 7-bolt, though this pattern is different from the 6-bolt.

1990TSIAWDTALON likes this.
  7. 19Eclipse90

19Eclipse90 DSM Wiseman

Joined Sep 29, 2003
    OKC, Oklahoma
    @Marcelino Eudave - in response to your reply in OFH stud confused???, at this point, you need to verify what block you have. Again, any DSM 6-bolt oil filter housing should match up with any DSM 6-bolt block. Any 7-bolt DSM oil filter housing should match up with any DSM 7-bolt block. It is certainly a non-turbo housing but why it doesn't match up with the other two housings you have is the big question.

Check the block at the two places shown in the last couple pictures of this post: Block Identification. The first pad should have the engine code stamped into it. The second area should have the block VIN. These pieces of information should help us at least verify that your block is or isn't a DSM engine.

1990TSIAWDTALON likes this.