The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Off-Roading Armor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JosephSMendez

Proven Member
Jan 3, 2021
Lyndhurst, New_Jersey
Any of you guys Weld Off-Roading Armor like skit plates and shields for the undercarriage?

The rally cross car I have ended up with has a aluminum road sign as the front bash plate for the underside starting at the lower front of welded in transverse support (Round looking pipe) and Service panel channel added between that and in front of radiator mount. Front vertical bracing still needs tying in.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
bracket. I will take picture of it, if I have it here in shop.

Nothing Fancy, BUT Works!
Most likely will try to adapt a quick removal retaining system, HOPEFULLY Possibly tool free, depending on security of retention system used.
E.G. = it doesn't fall off while being thrashed about on uneven pavement when in use!
Presently bolted on with numerous fasteners.
Secure, but would take too much time to remove for a inspection or repair during pit stop for actual Rally timed multiple lap event.
OK for something like a one lap autocross type run.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back