The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Not sure where to put this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newdsmtnr96

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 16, 2005
Des Moines, Iowa
When driving and putting it into neutral. Does your Rpm's go up a little in neutral while coming to a stop then drop back down to 1,000? Mine when driving and put in neutral doing about 35 go to 13-1500 rpm's until I stop. Trying to find out if this is some sort of leak. My car Push's psi really fast I mean hardly any boost creep. My car holds 15 psi steady with mbc all the way up (meaning lowest boost it will go)
So I don't get knocked on. I have a 190 fp that I will be installing and I do control my boost when driving so I do not hit 15.

mods are:

Mbc
down-pipe
ported o2
apex n1
intake

If any one has any input it is appreciated.

ps: I have searched and I keep getting things like stalling, spark plug problems, ect

My 1994 Talon did the same exact thing just with a bit different RPM's.

I repaired my ICS and properly adjusted the BISS on the TB and that problem was no longer there. It took me like 2 tries at it because I then had a few cold start problems when it was really cold out. After the second adjusting I was idling at a stable 750-760 RPM's and nothing under that on extremely cold or warm starts.

Keep in mind, the stock ECU has programming in it that keeps the idle RPM higher than normal if it senses any activity from the speed sensor. Its almost a failsafe for stalling when the car is moving.

I cleaned my ISC, readjusted the Biss and cleaned my TPS connection
and idle surge went away.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back