The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Non Turbo Cluster in a Turbo Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coder24

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 16, 2006
Marysville, Ohio
:talon: I have a 1991 Talon Tsi FWD. I did a search and got one thread that no one replied to and one that was for the opposite. I want to Put a Non Turbo Gauge Cluster in my car. Will It go directly in with no modifications? Does it matter what year it is from? can it be from a 1.8 car or does it have to be from a 2.0? Any and all information is appreciated. I just dont want a turbo gauge cluster if I can Find a Non Turbo Cluster with close enough miles to drop into the car. Thanks :talon:

What site? I would really like to know the answer to this also, so if anyone could give any insight, that would be great.

I put a gauge cluster from a 91-94 2L n/a talon in my 91 awd and had no problems. I actually liked the larger sweep on the tach and not having the useless stock boost gauge in the way. I'm unsure if a 90 cluster will work for any other 1g or vice versa.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=453875#post453875 it sounds like you can use a '90 tach in any 1g cluster with a '90 car, or a '91-94 tach in a '90 cluster for a '91-94 and it will still work. Don't all(or almost all) tachs work by reading a pulse from how many times the spark plugs are fired, and are only calibrated to how many cylinders there are? I guess I don't see how keeping the same tach would help anything unless they are wired differently, which still doesn't make sense of they swap between clusters. Can anyone clear this up?

The tach signal for the '90 is inverted compared to the 91+. More wonderfulness with owning the testbed car... incompatability with all the other years. ;P

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back