The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Noise from Starter motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1997 Eclipse

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 3, 2003
Manila, Asia
Every time I start the engine, there seems to be a very loud grinding noise between the starter motor and flywheel. I have since got a new flywheel - XACT, clutch ACT 2600 and new starter motor - from the dealer. Got it all installed and still ahevt the same noise. The tranny was removed to check but no problems. I also have a TRE spec AWD Tranny plus extras for a FWD car. Also have a Quaife LSD. Anybody have the same problem? Is it a problem or just normal. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks.

Is the spacer plate still present? I have seen them thrown away during tranny installs.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back