The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

no start....starter problem maybe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16G1G4G63Talon

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 2, 2009
Ashland, Kentucky
went to fire up my tsi for the first time and no start.....i had to arc the solenoid for it to start....and when the key is on the cd player wouldnt play....but when u wire it to constant power thats the only time it will play.....im needin some help here....please and thanks LOL

the starter is wired up right but for some reason it wont turn over....i can hear the relays and such clickin but thats it....and i put a jump box on it thinkin it was the battery but still nuthin...i need some help

You need to do some wire tracing. Get a test light and a friend. Have your buddy crank the car while poking the starter wire at different places between the key cylinder and the starter. I work in automotive electronics. That's the most straightforward and sure fire way to find the problem. You've either got a broken wire, grounded wire, or a blown fuse or relay. Not to complicated. Good luck.

If you can hear the starter selonid click when you turn the key, then you know the starter is receiving power. Take the battery and have it checked, might be dead & wont take a charge. Ive had a battery put out 11.5 volts and not turn the starter.

i did some tracing and found out from a friend that clutch saftey switch was causing the problem...but my battery is very low but still crankin...its still makin a tickin noise from the top end but none of my valves are bent and my rocker arms arent stickin either....would havin no egr make that noise?

no it wouldn't, you might have a collapsed lifter or if you just rebuilt, you need to prime the lifters as some would say but i have never had a problem with having to prime them.. take you valve cover off and see if you can "rock" any of the rockers. i had a lifter collapse on me one time, makes an awful noise

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back