The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

No Spark No Fuel ....please Help!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VTEC KILLR

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 9, 2005
Portsmouth, Ohio
Researched the Heck out of this. I have tried everything and still nothing.....I have a rebuilt 7 bolt. It is in a car that was vandalized by putting sugar in the tank and the valves ended up getting gunked up causing the pistons to smack them. Everything has been cleaned out(tank and lines) new fuel pump and filter. Fresh rebuilt motor. I have new CAM sensor and Crank Sensor, ECU works in other DSM's as well as coil pack and transistor.
The car cranks easy, is in Time (Cam gear marks lined up and at TDC) but fuel pump does not kick on and no spark. Please help the car is a endless money pit that has sat for over a year in my garage.

I actually used a scan tool, and no codes showed up. I am out of town right now, but i cant remember if the light goes out. I know when i hook the battery up, i hear the idle air speed controller tick. I can unplug the crank sensor and hear all the injectors tic but not on the cam sensor. also the asd releay clicks when the cam and crank sensor is unplugged and plugged back in.

By chance does anyone know if the keys were programmed in 95. Could my key lost its program causing the car not to start?

The ECU works fine in my brothers 95 TSI. We also tried the coils, transistor pack, mutiple relays.

It has new coil packs. I am reading 12v at the transistor pack. What voltage should i see to the coils when i crank it. It also has new cam and crank sensors.

yeah, new walbro 190, brand new gas tank, all 6AN lines from tank to filter and to motor.

It hasn't been mentioned yet. Have you checked your MFI relay? Its under the center console on the right hand side, by the passengers foot. Pull the cover off and you will see the 8pin relay, listen for the click when you turn the key.

Is the MFI relay the large gold colored one or the small black relay. Anyway i put the gold relay in my brothers car and it started. and the black started his car as well. IT JUST DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE WHY THIS CAR WONT START.......I can hardwire the fuel pump but how can i get spark?

I am having the same problem as you but my car does it randomly. It has its times where it doesnt want to start for a week or so, then one day it starts just fine and works great for about 2 weeks. I took it to mitsubishi and they had it for 3 weeks and were not able to find anything wrong with it... Every sensor and relay has been replaced. But still no luck. Has your car been fixxed and if so what was the problem?

OK starting to work on this piece of crap again....seen a ton more posts with the same problem as me.....Does anyone know of a link that has the voltage output for the ECU pinout. Or the voltage reading i should get on my sensors?????

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back