The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

no spark after timing belt install???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95GSXCO

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 15, 2006
Sterling, Colorado
i had to replace the timming belt and take the head off due to bent valves. and now no spark. i have power to the coils and the transistor but just no spark at the plugs?:mad:

and the turbo and none of the exhaust is hooked up wait on some parts but i should still be getting spark.

Did you damage or leave unplugged the crank angle or cam angle sensors?
Measure coils pri/sec resistances and see if within spec.
Test power transistors - here's how:
(Note: The pin numbers for the following are the ones on the power transistor side connector – not the ones on the harness side connector (for which I put the wire color in parenthesis for reference).

Unplug the power transistor 8 pin connector.

To test the power transistor for cylinders 1 & 4:
Connect the negative side of a 1.5V battery to pin 3 (black wire) of the connector. Connect the negative side of a 12V battery also to pin 3. Connect the 12V battery positive to one side of a 12V light bulb. Connect the other side of the 12V light bulb to pin 8 (black/white). The light should not be on. Now connect the 1.5V battery positive to pin 7 (black/blue). The light should go on.

To test the power transistor for cylinders 2 & 3:
Connect the negative side of a 1.5V battery to pin 3 (black wire) of the connector. Connect the negative side of a 12V battery also to pin 3. Connect the 12V battery positive to one side of a 12V light bulb. Connect the other side of the 12V light bulb to pin 1 (blue/black). The light should not be on. Now connect the 1.5V battery positive to pin 2 (brown/red). The light should go on.

crank and cam sensor are conneted i had to take them both off and replace the crank because the blance belt wiped it out. but i will test the tranisotor. how would i get 1.5v just from somthing like a AA battery?

The plug for the A/C compressor is the same as the crank sensor, if they are switched you would have similar problems.

Steve

i found out the crank sens. was just on backwards ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL :mad:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back