The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

No power to S-AFC

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LandoAWD

Retired
Supporting VIP
Jun 13, 2002
Hillsborough, North_Carolina
Alright, yeterday, the car was running fine.

I get in today and notice a choppy idles, and a CEL. Turn on the logger and ger a "12-Airflow Sensor" message. I look over at the AFC and there is no display...CEL solved.

I pull apart the pass side console and slide the ECU out and get out my multimeter. I can read ~12v (slightly more) at the power connection, ECU side of the harness, and AFC side of the harness when it is plugged in. I see 3v on the ground at the harness connector. :confused:

So, is it a connection issue, or is the AFC shitting the bed?

EDIT: Possibly fixed...will update if it isn't :thumb:

Again, lets not assume.

The connector inside the AFC had seperated from the motherboard.

Problem solved.

Edit: Just noticed "check all your vamps". Anyone who uses vampire taps on a critical component as this should be beaten about the head and neck with a sack of pennies.

LandoAWD said:
Again, lets not assume.

The connector inside the AFC had seperated from the motherboard.

Problem solved.

Edit: Just noticed "check all your vamps". Anyone who uses vampire taps on a critical component as this should be beaten about the head and neck with a sack of pennies.
Dude, thanks so much, i spooled the car hard, and the S-AFC fell out of the dash and the wire unpluged from the mother board so i just took it apart and everything is fine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back