The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

2G No crank no start help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrimDjinn

Probationary Member
1
0
Sep 4, 2026
Visalia, California
I have a 2g eclipse GS I bought on fb marketplace (first mistake) he said it ran recently but the transmission "got stuck in 3rd while driving" and he never got around to replacing the transmission and the airbags went off when he was messing with electrical but that he was getting rid of it cause the wife was making him. I take the car home and take the front bumper off to find out it had front frame damage and so ive spent the last month and a half trying to at least get it to start so I can begin proper repair of everything. I replaced the battery and the radio/dash seem to run well I took off the center console to check the relay and it also seems to be good. Fuses are fine but I wasn't able to get the alternator fuse(120A), turned the engine clockwise and it moves easily so that's not cooked at least, replaced the starter with one from a parts car, the only other thing I can think of i haven't done is the neutral safety switch but that's cause I can't figure out how to unplug it. Any and all advice is welcome
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

  • Wanted PASSENGER DOOR LOWER MOLDING
    WANTED
    • LA_gst
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2g 1999 eclipse gs-t spyder
    Very clean 2g spyder, only modifications is 14b turbo with 3inch exhaust. Well maintained and...
    • DSM B
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 1996 Talon TSI AWD
    1996 Talon TSI AWD $10,500- 90,421 miles ( will go up a little ) - clean title in hand -...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2g power window motors. OEM
    RH and LH power window motors. OEM $40 each or $70 for the pair. Message 702-741-6987.
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • Wanted WTB 268 Camshafts & Zero Tick Lifters
    Looking to see if anyone has a set of 268 cams in drop-in condition. I know 268 is on the Rare...
    • Ice9
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top