The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuiceGST

Probationary Member
Jun 4, 2022
California
Hello, I need some serious help. I have a 1998 Eclipse GST. It was an automatic and was converted into a 5-speed.

Like all the transmission swaps, the reverse lights need to be connected. I read some threads on how to do it and proceeded to follow the step by step instructions that I found. I ended up buying the wrong spade connectors that go into the light blue electrical connector behind the stereo. So, I put everything back. I wanted to see if connecting the connector from the harness to the reverse light switch on the transmission would work. I cut what I assumed was the correct connector ( 2 wires, one yellow and green and the other white and black). I cut the connector off and placed another one that fits into the reverse switch on the transmission.

I started the car, and the reverse lights didn’t work. I turned off the car and got ready for work. As I was leaving, I attempted to turn on my car and nothing. No noise, no crank and lights are not dimmed or flickering.

Today, I removed the starter to test it manually and the starter and solenoid work. I checked the starter relay with a multimeter and it appears to be working and passing current between the pins. I had the battery tested and autozone said it was good just needed to be charged. It is currently being charged and will pick it up tomorrow morning. Before doing all of this, I also tried to jump start it and nothing.

Tomorrow, I will check the ignition switch and see if it’s working properly. Has this happen to any of you or does anyone have any suggestions on what it could be? I really don’t want to tow it to the dealership cause it’s going to be pricey.

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back