1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

NGR Type S adjustment

Posted by JwUoNoG, May 22, 2020

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. JwUoNoG

JwUoNoG Proven Member

Joined Aug 12, 2004
    Perry Hall/Parkville, Maryland
    Any tips on adjusting the NGR Type S BOV? I tightened it a few turns from where it was out of the box (I believe backed out all the way).

Under light/no boost, I get a quiet whoosh, or even a little bit of fluttery sounds.

Moderate boost, I get a whistle.

However, under a WOT pull, I get a loud whoosh. Sounds just like a puff of air, like any other BOV.

I had a Greddy Type S 15 years ago, I can't remember if I got the whistle under WOT too...

Thanks in advance!

2. Mello

Mello Proven Member

Joined Jul 4, 2003
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    This sounds Like mine & normal to me. I have both a real Greddy Typs-S & NGR Type-S & they sound the same & like what you've described. Also sounds like you have yours adjusted fairly well too.

JwUoNoG likes this.
  3. JwUoNoG

JwUoNoG Proven Member

Joined Aug 12, 2004
    Thanks! I adjusted it so many times and was always second guessing myself.

The hex bolts that hold the cap on were loose. One was missing and I think 4 others were loose. I asked NGR for more, and they sent them. I used some blue thread locker and put them all back in. They would've rattled off eventually!

KYLE JORGENSEN likes this.
  4. JwUoNoG

JwUoNoG Proven Member

Joined Aug 12, 2004
    The oring in my adjustment screw broke when I tightened it too far. I have a new one on the way.

Do I need to disassemble it to install the new oring?