The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Newb fuel pump install question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayRolla

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 23, 2006
Colorado Spring, Colorado
Ok I installed a fuel pump and I was reading on vfaq about it and Im scared I was missing something.

When you pull the pump out the line what should there be in between. It mentions an o ring. I had only a red plastic sleeve that went over the pump. What else should there be??

I like how you posted this as a newb install question. haha.
JayRolla you've been on here too long, that's not a newb question LOL.

When you pull the pump out, if there's not an o ring there, then that could be a problem. But if you've got it assembled and it's not leaking then you'll be fine. Let the car idle and look underneath to see if there are anyleaks. If not then you'll be fine.

Yeah, what he said, if you are missing something your car will let you know.

The o-ring should sit on top of the plastic sleeve that goes over the end of the Walbro. The o-ring and sleeve are then pushed into the hardline. Run the positive wire and ground the black wire to the assembly. Secure the pump to the assembly, clean the upper gasket surface of rust and lube the gasket with silicone for a good seal. Verify the sock is secure. Drop it back in and go.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back