The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

New tires and shocks fresh alignment getting wheel bounce

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murdertalon

Proven Member
Jul 7, 2016
East side, Washington
Koni yellow kit installed, eibach lowering springs, camber kit, new riken raptor tires and now I'm getting a tire bounce on the front end while driving over 30mph. I haven't driven the car much recently but I took it out the other day and it's got a terrible front end bounce once speed is up.

Obviously first thing I'll do next time I take it out is increase the shock adjuster to stiffen it up, next I'll check tire pressure and maybe lower slightly but I was wondering if anyone else ran into this with new tires or shocks. I don't know of it's the shocks causing it or tires but it's annoying as hell on the highway the front end dribbles like a basketball just slightly.

Was going to add the rims are basically brand new and before this set of tires my worn out last set caused no issues on these rims.

Has the shocks settled yet? Normally takes a few days to settle or did you pre load them by compressing the shock a few times?

Confirm the tires are balanced correctly aswel incase,

Bouncing does normally mean springs are over powering the shock so certainly adjust the shick rebound/compression setting a bit stiffer snd see what happens, if its still doing it then check to see if any bolts are loose incase

Other then that i cannot think of anything else to look at or consider.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back