1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

wheel alignment

Posted by Rafael6bolt, Feb 13, 2019 at 6:23 PM

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. Rafael6bolt

Rafael6bolt Probationary Member

Joined May 18, 2017
    Norcross, Georgia
    hey guys so a little back story, i rented a two wheel tow dolly for my gst to tow to a shop near by, get it on and strap it down no problem. get to the shop and we try to unload it so, i do the driver side wheel (pull out the ramp and unstrap it) and i expected my uncle to do the same but he only pulled out the ramp and didn't unstrap it so it stayed strapped in place. we push the car off without double checking and the passenger wheel gets twisted badly, full car weight on the wheel while its strapped the steering wheel twisted the direction the wheel did. any guesses on what get messed up? you can see the bottom picture is the angled wheel i fixed it a good amount by messing with the removable ball joints on the upper control arm but still not perfect the steering wheel was straight when pictures were taken. thank you IMG_4245.jpg IMG_4246.jpg

376  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. silvreclips

silvreclips Proven Member

Joined Jul 19, 2005
    Greenville, South Carolina
    Does the car have adjustable ball joints? They could have slipped causing the wheel the toe in. I suggest making sure everything is tight and take it to an alignment shop.