The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

new snail

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul s

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 17, 2002
kingston, ON_Canada
Just finished the new setup.
JMF swaintech coated manifold with tial vband, hta 3794.
Should make for a nice sleeper. It took a bit to get everything to fit the way I wanted but its done, maybe I can get into 12s now :sneaky:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

What a choice. Thats my dream turbo. You went even further and got the Tial housing? Damn bro, that IS nice. Congrats on the new setup!

Love it and the coating is great, gotta decide on another turbo set up, may come sooner than I thought.

I should also add that after installing the bigger 3inch housing
and bigger .82 ar the EGTs have dropped. So that tells you
that with a stroker the 2.5" housing and .7 ar
is restrictive. The bolt on housing worked great but
becomes restrictive at this power level.

The 3794 doesnt come in a bolt on housing? If you are referring to the fp30/35 style housings with .69 AR and 2.5 outlet.

And it says using anything below a .82 is stupid right on the site.

When i had bought this turbo (had to get refund due to no billet chra option as i thought was happening) i was going with the .85 AR t3.

Your profile says 3586, is this new snail a 3586 or a 3794.

Is your "new snail" just the tial turbine housing for the 3586?

Ahhh well you do know that the large ass turbine and compressor in addition to the turbine AR size will all lower your EGT's as a given.

Whats happening with the old 3586 :sneaky:

Could you also PM me what it cost in addition to the price you paid FP to get it up here as far as tax and duty goes on a $2,000 turbo. That was the main thing that scared me

Nice looking setup. Any reason you went with a tial housing vs a t3?

It seems like quite a few people are going 67mm this season. :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back