The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

new bolt-on ebay intercooler pipes, now with HKS flange built in!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedTurboEclipse

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 29, 2002
Bay Area, California
for those who are looking for bolt on piping with stock routing towards the stock smic location, we have another solid affordable option for our cars. obviously this more for the owner who wants to keep it more stock looking and not run short route, and will be getting an fmic that also has piping run towards the stock smic. i know there is still a bunch of you guys who want to keep it simple like stock.

well we all know how dejontool is the only place to buy an upper ic pipe with a prewelded hks flange on it. that is of course if you are unable or unwilling to weld the flange yourself, which goes for a lot of us.

the dejon upper ic pipe for a 2g cost $105 you have to pay an extra $30 to have an hks flange welded on. on top of that pay shipping. so you are looking at approximately $145 for just that piece.

enter ebay.

For $157 SHIPPED you get that pipe with hks flange welded on, the other upper ic pipe that connects from the throttle body the pipe with the flange, which dejon calls the "S" pipe" AND you get lower ic pipe. Not to mention what looks like silicone couplers, which dejon charges $19 extra for but does come with t-bolt clamps, where the ebay ones just come with standard worm clamps. all pipes are nicely beaded, and you can see that the throttle body flange is nice and thick where as the dejon one is "paper thin" as some would like to call it.

I cannot say how they are because I don't have that set, but I DO have the ones with the greddy flange. They have been solid! They are identical to the ones PUNISHMENT RACING were selling not too long ago. I've had the dejon pipes myself, full upper and lower. Don't get me wrong they are great products, but back in the day the only real choice. The ebay ones fit great as well not interfering with anything. The fitment is equal to that of the dejon ones.

If you were to buy the same pieces from dejon, you are looking at $295 before shipping. These ebay pipes are just as good from my experience with both. The dejon having a really thin tb flange, where ebay is nice and thick. the plus side on the dejon you get to powdercoat the parts for free, but was it worth the extra $150..

so another good affordable alternative for some bolt on ic piping with HKS flange built on for no worries.

edit, forgot the ebay links..
also forgot to mention, the ebay ads say they are 2.5", but they are actually just like the dejon pipes.. at 2.25"

here is the hks set
eBay Motors: Upper Lower Intercooler Pipe KIT DSM 2G Eclipse Talon (item 190252547701 end time Sep-23-08 09:06:48 PDT)

the greddy set
eBay Motors: Upper Lower Intercooler Pipe KIT DSM 2G Eclipse Talon (item 190251497429 end time Oct-11-08 20:25:51 PDT)

Attachments

• 00041.jpg
    00041.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 730
  • 2G_GREDDY.jpg
    2G_GREDDY.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 498
I know people hate bringing a thread back from the dead and this one is bound to piss atleast one person off but I dont care. I need new IC pipes for my SMIC the stock plastic ones have apparently been cracked for god knows how long and I'm even getting oil leaking out of the cracks.
These IC pipes look MUCH better than the Dejon ones. I have looked on ebay and google searched for this seller but cannot find him. Can anyone lead me in the right direction?

Thanks for the response! It helped me find the exact ones that were listed here. I don't know why I couldn't find them by searching ebay but oh well I did because of your help! The ones you posted up dont have as long of a throttle body pipe, as you can see there's a 90* coupler in that kit. I prefer to use straight couplers where ever possible. Thanks for your help!
For anyone interested here's an active link to the sellers new auction.
Upper Lower Intercooler Pipe KIT DSM 2G Eclipse Talon: eBay Motors (item 190394397020 end time Jul-03-10 16:55:04 PDT)

i ran those same pipes on my last 2g awd. the upper s pipe needed a nice sized dent in order for it to clear the t-stat housing..:notgood:(look at the 2g engine bay pic with the blue valve cover, and you can see how close it sits) and making life hell to even get the strait coupler to "slip" on on both ends of the pipe. even then it was slightly touching the t-stat housing heating up the pipe even quicker! :mad: while you can eventually get it to work, id rather invest in something proven, and support our vendors!

But see I can't justify that much money (buying a Dejon kit) for something that I could get for less than half price. Even if the cheaper one takes a few minutes at the shop to message an issue or two its not worth an extra $150-$200 for basically the same thing. I have yet to see an aftermarket part, regardless of who made it, that I haven't found some way of improving. So adjusting the upper pipe to fit doesnt bother me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back