The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

New and BORED in Tucson

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclpsegsx12

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 16, 2003
Tucson, Arizona
So, i just got here a week ago and currently go to the U of A but lately ive been bored as hell due to the fact that i dont even have my 2g with me and i dont know any car guys, especially DSMers! So help me out and post up something to do, or an event. I did, however, bring my geo tracker down here (motor is getting re-worked back home while my poor white turd sits alone in a garage)!

Thanks for any info at all.

Well there's a meeting the 17th at the pavillions, sign up is 5 - 6 topics down this forum

Is your roommate a 240sx guy? The Tucson crowd has been trying to get meets going down here but I don't know how well its working out as I've only made it out to one of them. Try the Yahoo group ClubDSM_SW. Theres a few of us in Tucson but mostly in Phoenix. Maybe I'll see you around I have a 97 GST with dark painted wheels, should be back on the road next weekend just in time for labor day. :rocks:

Ya, hes the 240sx guy. I cant wait for a meet so i can get back in the swing of things!

I was asking about you when he said his roommate had an eclipse with ~400hp, but he wouldn't give any info. The meets are at 4444 E. Grant Road but I forget when because I've only been to one. The Phoenix meets are usually OK too, those are at In N Out mmmm. If you just like cars in general check out the Pavilions up in Scottsdale off Indian Bend, I think its Scottsdale, I just call all of it Phoenix. If you see a white 2gb rolling around with dark stock wheels that would be me, just honk at me or stop me, whatever. See you around.

taylor, did you buy the car in tucson? I used to have a white gs-t with gunmetal gsx wheels, some good mods and I was friends with this guy named Bader, If you have the car I think you do, Bader sold it to you. I sold my gs-t in town and I am getting a 98 gsx with goodies already installed on the 29th this month. You should have dark colored gst wheels, I think an n1 exhaust, lowered, and thats all I can remember when I saw the car last. Oh and tan and black interior. Let me know.

That would be the one. I've know Bader since we were in junior high school. Now the car has a fresh 6 bolt that my roommate and I threw together a couple of months ago after a random mishap with the motor that was in the car originally, it also has a small 16g at stock wg pressure on it. Hopefully it'll have the fmic in my closet on it soon.

I have seen the clones of my car rolling around town perhaps it was your old car. What's your name BTW? If you ever want to chat you can hit me up on AIM at TaylorSPL.

eclipsegsx12 did you post on the collectiveracing.net forums not to logn ago showing your car?

the meets on grant road are every 2nd saturday of the month and eveyr last saturday i beleive, i have only been to like 3 or 4 of em

Dude, if you love cars and are at the UA you need to join up with the UA's FormulaSAE team. Every year we design, fabricate, and race a open-wheeled racecar for an international intercollegiate design competition. 0-60 in < 3 seconds, 1.5 lateral g's. This ain't no kiddie toy. General meetings are on Tuesdays 7:15pm AME S212.

Also, the SAE chapter is starting up a drag team and an auto-x team. If you show up at a Formula meeting, you can get more info on those too.

And if you can borrow a car to race, there's an SCCA event on Dec. 18th at SIR. If not, just go to watch!

There's plenty of stuff for a serious car enthusiast to do... you just need to know where to look!

Well its finally good to see some other DSMers in tucson.... I am usally the one that "tries" to remind people when the meets are on Club dsm SW.. You should try and get a hold of me i would like to see how youve assembled your beast..... :D I have a 99 that i am workin on as well as a 97 and a 91... as the far as the meets go....

THE MORE THE MERRIER~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Justin

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back