1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

NEW! 2G front and rear subframe bushings + diff bushings

Posted by 99gst_racer, Aug 21, 2018

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. ceedawg

ceedawg Supporting Member

Joined Jun 2, 2004
    laurelton, New York
    Paul to these cause quite a bit of vibration in the cabin and what is the shelf life on the factory 2 g bushings. My car has 82k original miles. Yes very low for a 20 plus year old car.

ceedawg

2K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. 99gst_racer

99gst_racer Moderator

Joined Apr 5, 2003
    Coloma, Michigan
    Sorry for the slow reply! These will add some NVH, but not as much as most would think. Most users are reporting a very minimal gain in noise and vibration. I haven't had any complaints yet.

Street Build 6K  67

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    609.8 whp · 541.2 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  3. dsmlivesmatter

dsmlivesmatter Probationary Member

Joined Mar 31, 2019
    hamburg, New York
    I like the idea of having these solid bushings, but I'm wondering if having the solid subframe and diff bushings is too much for just a (my) streetcar?

Street Build 144  4

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. 99gst_racer

99gst_racer Moderator

Joined Apr 5, 2003
    Coloma, Michigan
    See the post above your post.
    I have zero complaints on these. They will not make your car vibrate and ride like a tin can with zero suspension. They are far less detectable and more forgiving than what most people think, when it comes to NVH. But I will say that these are being sold as a performance part to help gain torsional stiffness in the chassis. They are geared toward a performance application rather than a stock car or daily driver.

Street Build 6K  67

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    609.8 whp · 541.2 lb/ft · 2G DSM