The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Need opinions on hood paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apckofllamas

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2012
Wellington, Ohio
I have been wanting to do something new with my hood and i came up with this, i haven't seen it done before and i was just wondering if it would look "ricey"

P.S.
the rattle-can was just to give me an idea LOL.

Attachments

• 2013-06-13_21.13.24 (1).jpg
    2013-06-13_21.13.24 (1).jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 103
I actually am planning on doing something similar. Have a carbon fiber hood. It's going to get painted except for the hump, which will be carbon fiber.

I deff don't plan on leaving THAT much in carbon. The paint will then fade out as the hood curves up into the hump.

Don't know if you can picture that, but I think I'd be pretty hot!

As far as your idea on a plain metal hood.... Ehhhhh. But give it a whirl. If you like it, who cares :)

i like the honest opinions i was just brainstorming ideas because i would like something a little different but i dont want to look ricer, but that carbon fiber idea sounds badass i just dont have the money for one. i like my idea i just dont know what color would stick out and still look good

if you dont wanna look "ricey"as you stated then 100000% do NOT do that ish to the hood bro WTF are you thinking LOL? Leave it the color of the body brody that will be much less "ricey" if thats what youre going for! lates.

If you decide to do it black do the hood, roof and hatch/wing black as well otherwise i would say stick with stock color

I think you should paint that section you have masked off flesh tone and add 2 testicles that way no one is confused about dsms having balls.

I kinda like the old school racing strip up over the hump but that could be easily considered ricer.

I would do the hood red and the bulge black. Just my two cents though, I dont like the black hood look, but just a bit would look nice!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back