The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Need help with a fuel level sending unit on a 95

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam95gstspeight

Probationary Member
Oct 20, 2021
Watauga, Texas
Ok guess I’m back to trying to figure this out. Fuel level unit in the tank got ripped a part by the smart ones that did the tank. The top is there and so is the plug but they broke off the entire unit. I could only get my hands on a universal sending unit but I have no idea on how to go about using it after getting the dang thing. Any help would be great

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

First thing I would do is test fit it down in the tank as you have a very shallow area to deal with along with the baffle. Once you have verified that the wiring will not matter since it is a resistance measurement (90 ohms empty, nearly 0 when full). However, make sure you have the pins in the right locations (of course). Once you have both figired out and wired up do an external test, hooked up to the system, and validate the needle moves as it should. If all goes well you should be good to go... best of luck.

Other option would be to check the classifieds for someone doing a partout.

Put the new unit next to the old one and get the length correct. Looks like you can adjust the length on the universal kit. Inside the white part, it measures resistance depending where the float is. You’ll have to figure out how to wire it. Maybe make threads and use a small screw 🤷🏻‍♂️ Or try to source a used assembly.

Search YT on how a fuel sending unit works. It’s a simple system.

i don't know if the stock info will be of any use but here it is anyway.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back