The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Need help finding performance axles

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420a16g

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
Bristol, Virginia
Well D-day is almost upon me, by D-day I mean the build is almost done, anyways I need to find some axles that can handle high hp and torque. I had been looking at the axles the Driveshaft Shop is selling, but I was wondering if there was a company selling better axles then these or anyone selling the same quality at a cheaper price. If anyone has any other options for me please let me know.

thanks

You can get Fidanza axles for about $500 a pair. I don't think they're as strong as the level five axles from DSS, but they're good for up to about 500 hp or so.

driveshaftshop (DSS)
raxles

Google either.

Well I just got off the phone with DSS and Stage 3 axles run $1199 if anyone wants to know, and apparently thats what ill need. Raxles said they make a set equivelan to DSS's stage 3, and run $139 per axles, but cant guarentee the left side wont break because the left axle is so much longer then the right. So it looks like ill be spending another $1200 on the car for axles. anyone else have any other options or opinions on this.

umm...the right side aka passenger side axle is longer last time I checked :confused:

Why exactly do you feel you need the DSS 3's over the Stage 2's?

EDIT: please update your vehicle profile. Still says you're 97 n/t, yet you have Hahn Stage 2 in your info.

XMasta19 said:
umm...the right side aka passenger side axle is longer last time I checked :confused:

Why exactly do you feel you need the DSS 3's over the Stage 2's?

EDIT: please update your vehicle profile. Still says you're 97 n/t, yet you have Hahn Stage 2 in your info.

Ok so its the right side, i have dyslexia. The reason i wanna go with stage 3 instead of stage 2 is because i dont want to break shit and deal with more down time, and ill have room the play with if i decide to upgrade the turbo or something down the road.

Do you have any idea what the hp rating is on the axles? Just what kind of setup do you plan on running that you really think you'll be breaking the Stage 2's? Not tryin to be an ass yo, just realistic is all...is your hopes of super mad tight horsie power worth the extra money between the 2's and 3's?

yeah,

I have the stage 4 hahn kit with a quaife LSD and the stage 2 axles and I just hope that one day I will have enough horses and torque to break one.

Then again you can get the stage 3s and wheel hop a launch real bad and break those too.

I also just realized that I need to update my profile. The horsepower rating is at 7 psi. I need to get back to the dyno it seems.

...yes you do, and break those axles, so homie here isn't the only guy with Stage 3's ROFL

XMasta19 said:
Do you have any idea what the hp rating is on the axles? Just what kind of setup do you plan on running that you really think you'll be breaking the Stage 2's? Not tryin to be an ass yo, just realistic is all...is your hopes of super mad tight horsie power worth the extra money between the 2's and 3's?

look i dont want to pay the extra for stage 3, i called DSS the guy i talked to TOLD me that stage 2 wouldnt be enough. I dont give a sh!t what stage they are i just dont want them to break. if Baxsom is running stage 2 and not breaking then maybe i wont either, then again my setup might push more HP and then im phucked. so dont post a reply acting like im and idiot, i called before hand and thats what i was told.

btw: HP rating on stage 3 is 500 something.

I'm not saying you're an idiot...I'm just saying, we all kinda gotta be realistic with our goals here, even though it is the internet. The DSS Stage 2 axles are rated at 400hp, and do you know just how many in the 2gnt world have actually managed to break that barrier so far..? Our numbers grow thin even over the 300hp range, so don't take me as being an ass...I just take it as I see it bro.

XMasta19 said:
I'm not saying you're an idiot...I'm just saying, we all kinda gotta be realistic with our goals here, even though it is the internet. The DSS Stage 2 axles are rated at 400hp, and do you know just how many in the 2gnt world have actually managed to break that barrier so far..? Our numbers grow thin even over the 300hp range, so don't take me as being an ass...I just take it as I see it bro.
Lets just say I'm questioning whether I'll need stage 2 or stage 3 when I'm done with my setup... :sneaky: then I'm moving to Alaska to claim the crown as fastest 420a there :tease: Just kidding

GSGoinFast said:
Lets just say I'm questioning whether I'll need stage 2 or stage 3 when I'm done with my setup... :sneaky: then I'm moving to Alaska to claim the crown as fastest 420a there :tease: Just kidding

Atleast im not the only one. Ill probably go Stage 3 whether i truely need it or not, atleast if i dont break 400hp i have alot of room to upgrade.

hhaha....please don't take my crown from me Chris :(

I was thinkin of the 2.4, but I didn't really wanna deal with more torque LOLz
...so I have a fully built 2.0 due here any day now :thumb:

XMasta19 said:
hhaha....please don't take my crown from me Chris :(

I was thinkin of the 2.4, but I didn't really wanna deal with more torque LOLz
...so I have a fully built 2.0 due here any day now :thumb:

Fully Built 2.0 is damn nice too :thumb:

yup yup bishes :rocks:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back