The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Need a new ISC

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBGTibbs

Probationary Member
Apr 26, 2011
Leesburg, Virginia
So my ISC has gone bad and I need a new one. I've tested it and I'm 100% sure of it being bad. There were a few post's about where to get a replacement but the posts were kinda dated, so I was wondering where I could get a new ISC other than a junkyard. (I've looked already)

Well it's taken me over a year to get back to this.

The hot weather (and the return of my fast idle problems) motivated me to tackle this again.

I replaced the ISC with a new one - no effect. Still have the exact same problem. (And yeah it was ez to do like you folks said....had plenty of room to work with just the battery out).

Again (actually I forget if I detailed my problem in this thread) the problem that I have is that ONLY IN THE SUMMERTIME WHEN IT IS HOT OUT my car usually idles WAY TOO FAST. It is perfect all the time EXCEPT WHEN IT IS HOT OUT. From around September to May I have virtually no problems. Then the dog days of summer come and the idle goes on the fritz.

During the problem the idle doesn't go all over the place typical of a bad ISC. It just holds steady too high. Sometimes 1500. Sometimes 2500. Sometimes 2000, etc.

Sometimes it is OK then I stop at a traffic light & it is too high. Then next light it is OK.

Almost every time that it IS OK, if I turn off the engine then turn it back on then it is TOO HIGH. Like driving for a quick errand to the local supermarket, the idle might be fine all the way there, but when I come back and startup the car, it is like 2000 rpms.

Any hints/clues what else is going on??? Because it is most definitely not the ISC per se.

Thanks guys.

When its idling high have you checked to see if the throttle plate is closing all the way? Throttle Cable could be too tight, could be the FIAV.

This was finally diagnosed/fixed last year. The connector for some type of electronic cable was loose - I forget which one now. That was affecting the throttle and how all that stuff worked!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back