The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Mystery Pin

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbaron

Probationary Member
Sep 10, 2021
Princeton, Minnesota
Needed some work done on my engine to get it running. Had the engine pulled, took off the oil pan, and found this in it. Looks like a dowl pin to something, no idea where it came from. If anyone knows where every single little thing goes in a 6 bolt engine and knows where this came from that would be great.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I got this car about a year ago and this is the first time I have actually pulled the oil pan completely off, so for all I know this doesn't even belong in the engine block and the guy before me just dropped it in the oil pan somehow.

I got this car about a year ago and this is the first time I have actually pulled the oil pan completely off, so for all I know this doesn't even belong in the engine block and the guy before me just dropped it in the oil pan somehow.
That would be my guess. PO dropped it in the engine and it made its way down the oil pan.

Do any of the rocker arms have needle bearings? Looks too long though. Oil squirter takes a roll pin. Maybe somebody used a solid pin?

Does seem a bit too long for a rocker arm, but I can't say for sure. Will have to go put it up next to a rocker and check the length. My rockers all looked fine when I checked them, although I just did a glance over I didn't look really hard.

+1 for from the past.
Yeah it looks a bit larger than a rocker arm's needle bearing in your pics, hard to tell though. If it's from a rocker arm, the length should be approximately 10.3mm and the diameter 1.9mm. The one in the pics below came from a broken rocker arm.

Last edited:
hmm...that does look exactly like my pin. the lighting in my picture is much worse and your hands are probably a bit bigger than mine, might be a rocker bearing. I'm not gonna be at my house for a few days so I will have to measure it when I get back, but it looks like that is probably it. now I get to go inspect every rocker arm to see if it is from one of the current ones

Yours looks bigger. Really looks like one from driveshaft u joint. It’s a pic from my build thread or else I’d measure it for you. And no clue how it ended up there LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back