The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

My Street S197 Mustang.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diambo4life

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 18, 2002
Edmond, Oklahoma
This is the Build Thread for My Street V8 Build.. Reply below.

In Progress:
Stock Gen 1 Coyote Block
10.5:1 C.R. Diamond Pistons
Callies H Beam Connecting Rods
TSS Billet Oil Pump Gears
MMR Billet crank sprocket
JPC turbo hot kit w/JBA Headers, also...full exhaust
A2W intercooler with 7gall ice tank in the trunk
76mm PTE turbo
PTE wastegates
Tial 50mm BOV
FIC 2150cc injectors
JPC fuel system -10AN/-8AN with Fore Innovations hat with triple pump setup
Aeromotive AFPR
AEM Infinity 8 standalone with P&P Harness
AEM CD7 dash with logger
Misc AEM sensors (fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temperature, 3.5bar MAP, 3-Port BCS, Ethanol %)
BMR K member
BMR non adjustable A arms w/poly bushings
BMR radiator support with front sway bar delete
BOSS 302 intake manifold
SVE Aluminum Radiator
Summit Dual Fans
T56 Manual Trans (2.97 1st gear)
DSS Driveshaft
McLeod RXT 1200HD Twin Disc Clutch
McCleod Aluminum flywheel

Last edited:
Goals for this car: (all on pump E85)
  • 1000 WHP+
  • 1/4 Speed: 150mph+ on DOTs
  • 1/4 ET: 9s on DOTs
  • 60-130mph sprint: Mid 4s.
So I have started accumulating parts for my boost build. I have decided to tailor my build to be competitive in a street class type of drag and drive event. This car will 99% street driven and will retain OEM creature comforts. I don't intend to alter the interior in any drastic way.

I picked up my buddy's old JPC Racing turbo kit. JPC is a big innovating Mustang shop on the East Coast. You can Google/YouTube them. This is the kit that was in this car. He sold that kit to a friend of his and I ended up buying it. So, I do have the turbo kit which is 90% there. Next...I picked up a really nice fuel system from JPC as well last week. Fuel is something that people skimp on. It is a combination of JPC and Fore Innovations parts and if you have heard of Fore, they are the bee's knees. I could have built the system myself me being a DSM'r :D and looking for the best value, but, it came down to a difference of a few hundred bucks maybe. It just made sense to get a complete kit from people who have been doing this for over 10 years. I got a pretty good deal and it came with everything I needed. It's the triple setup with triple 474 TI fuel pumps. Next I will getting some fuel injectors. I have decided on the FIC 1440cc's most likely. I will be adding photos to the thread as it progresses.

Last edited:
I am not sure who follows this build but things have slowly been heating up as I accumulate more parts (wow...the $$ spent) for this build and the project starts having some direction. I have picked up the following parts in the past year and a half. Detailed below is a rough timeline or timetable. I will be updating this as I proceed. I like having Lists with dates to keep me honest and good to prevent a project from sitting when progress can be made elsewhere in the build. Only limiting factor here is money, time and parts availability.

FIC 2150cc injectors.
AEM Infinity 8 ECU with Coyote engine plug and play harness.
AEM CD7L - Stock cluster removed and installed Sail Li dash kit from BL Fab.
AEM sensors: stainless steel 3.5bar MAP and fuel pressure, flex fuel, AIT, BCS etc.
McCleod RXT1200HD twin disc (sent this to get rehubbed from 23 spline to 26 spline for the T56 trans - see below)
T56 swap kit from JPC (2.97 "wide ratio" 1st gear.) The stock Getrag MT82 6 speed will not handle the power I intend to make in this car reliably so I made the executive decision to upgrade. The T56 Magnum XL is a direct swap and can handle 1000HP. Kit came with PST aluminum driveshaft, SFI rated bellhousing.
New OEM slave cylinder.
Skinny front runners 18x5 (Forgestar F14 to match my rears) - I opted to stick with 18s as this will go over my 6 pot brakes. This is a street car after all.
Picked up an SVE Aluminum radiator.
Summit shrouded fans (2500CFM+) to go on the radiator above.
Diamond Racing Pistons; 10.5:1 (stock is 11:1)
Total Seal piston rings (gapped to my specs)
Callies Compstar H beam connecting rods.
OEM head gasket set (they are MLS stock.)I
TSS (Triangle Speed Shop) billet OPG (oil pump gears)
MMR billet crank sprocket
ARP 11mm head studs.
ARP cam tower and VCT actuator bolts
PAC 1234X valve springs.
Ford Performance high RPM pulse ring.
BOSS 302 Intake manifold
Tubular K-member from BMR Suspension
Tubular A Arms from BMR Suspension
UPR double adjustable "UCA" upper control arm
"2400HP" fuel system kit from JPC that includes, Fore Innovations Triple Pump Fuel Hat, Fore Innovations F2i Billet Fuel Pressure Regulator; AEM 10 micron Stainless Steel Inline Fuel Filter' JPC 10AN Billet Fuel Rails, 10An fuel feed before -8an Y, (3) Walbro 450lph Fuel Pumps, Fore FC3 Fuel Controller, -8AN fuel return, 4ga Wire Harness with Relays and Inline Fuse.
Boss 302 timing chain tensioners, new OEM timing chains and guides.
JPC turbo kit with PTE 7675 turbo (full free flowing exhaust terminating in my Roush mufflers)
Precision external wastegates and TiAL BOV.
Custom "Amazon" vented oil catch can with -12AN fittings to valve covers.
Boss 302 Alternator kit.
JPC A2W intercooler with 7 gallon ice tank.

Things to do:
My buddy will be welding a bung for my turbo oil drain and this thing can soon start going together. *completed in March 23*Goal for February 2023 is to remove the stock K member and install the BMR tubular unit. Weight savings here and will make it easier to work around the car.*completed in Feb 23*Goal for March is to disassemble the engine and re-assemble the long block with the forged stuff, OPG, CG and hopefully by then, my trans is here and everything can start going into the car. *completed disassembly in Apr 23*Fabricating water lines for the A2W intercooler would be next and installing the ice tank. Mount the ice tank in the trunk and figure out the wiring. i am not sure whether I will have AEM control the pump or have it on a switch in the car. This will probably be one of the last things to do when the car is either running or getting close to. **Pending in May 23**Oh....and install the fuel system. This might be easier to do with the drivetrain out of the bay but I am wary of pinching anything during install. It's hard to know where everything will be considering I will be running the BOSS intake. Picked this one up locally about 18 months ago. *completed in July 2023**Install UPR UCA **Completed in July 2023**Engine and Trans mounted in car **Completed in Jun 23.**Options for EPAS integration with Infinity. **Errr...still not sure. I have a very good option but cost is very prohibitive.** This will be the last thing I modify so let it stay down here .

Goal is for car to be firing by my birthday (END OF JUNE! ) Haha....we shall see about that. I really don't want to do any manual labor stuff in the summer heat so it's important for me to get 95% of everything completed by this "hard date" and/or be close to finished.

Last edited:
Currently the assembled long block is on the engine stand waiting for me to tear it down. This will be a "rod-piston" engine. I don't intend to sleeve the bottom end...yet. My buddy made 1066RWHP in a similar combo so it is doable.

Last edited:
This thread sucks without pictures(insert DSMTalk emoji saying that here). :p

But, I'm following. Coyote's are straight stupid how much power they make.

Also: I thought these were faster in stock form. 12.9's? My Edge on 93 ran that, but traction limited...I thought they were like almost 11's with a tire for some reason...(not hating, genuinely just shocked. Also: My edge is slow AF, so I'm not bragging either).

Might have to go trolling some local navy/airforce guys in their stock Coyotes when I'm on the racegas tune. :p

I will get pictures when I start opening stuff up. I promise to add photos...it's just a hot mess in the garage right now. . Coyote in my car is a Gen 1....rated at 410HP. Gotta compare apples to apples LOL. That is good for a hard tire RWD stick car. They are not light.

Infinity 7 ECU.

PXL_20230216_020416743.jpg

Last edited:
This is the plug and play harness. I really got a steal on this considering what you get. It even has the wideband LSU4.9 to LSU4.2 wideband O2 sensor adapters because Infinity can't read the stock Coyote 4.9 wideband sensors. It even includes the drivers to fire the stock coils.

PXL_20230216_020132394.jpg

PXL_20230216_020803763.jpg

PXL_20230216_020926781.jpg

PXL_20230216_021003566.jpg

McLeod Twin Disc 1200RXT: This is when I originally bought it for the stock MT82 trans which is a 23 splined input shaft. Sent it in to McLeod to be rehubbed for the 26 spline Magnum trans. I was given a 45 day timeframe but I was shocked to get a 2-3 day turn around. The discs are on their way back to me. At least it's one less thing to delay me on this build.

PXL_20230203_230357461.jpg

PXL_20230203_230940742.jpg

PXL_20230203_231012344.jpg

PXL_20230203_230944330.jpg

Current status. Cleaning up the engine bay....removed the dingy looking factory firewall mat. Engine currently on the stand.

Yes...they are big brakes and they come stock on the Gen 2 PP (Performance Pack) Mustangs. Those are 15" rotors and 6 piston calipers. Funny is the 2020 GT500 brakes make these ones look small....if you have actually seen those.

PXL_20230218_181034784.jpg

PXL_20230218_181020154.jpg

Since this car will be running on booze, some FIC 2150cc injectors were in order. They are overkill for my power goals, but I like the 'buy once' mantra.

Attachments

• PXL_20230218_182542807.jpg
    PXL_20230218_182542807.jpg
    658 KB · Views: 35
BMR k member is in. It's the black hammertone seen below. 20 lb weight loss from stock. I kinda fubarred my ball joints during removal so I decided to just get the tubular A arms that have polys. I decided on the non adjustable ones that will retain stock geometry right out the box. They have taller ball joints and are also lighter than stock. Those come in tomorrow. More photos coming soon.

kmember.jpg

These are phone pix so y'all will have to be ok with them. It's convenient than getting my real camera out. I may start working on routing the fuel system this coming weekend. I have to say...it's progressing really well so far. Parts are coming in in days and not months like 2022.....LOL.

Screenshot_20230221-130215.png

Tubular a arms are in and installed. These save 11lbs from the stock units too.
In Progress:
Stock Gen 1 Coyote Block
76mm PTE turbo
PTE wastegates
Tial 50mm BOV
PXL_20230222_222340985.jpg

FIC 2150cc injectors
Aeromotive AFPR
AEM CD7 dash with logger
Misc

In Progress:
Stock Gen 1 Coyote Block
76mm PTE turbo
PTE wastegates
Tial 50mm BOV
FIC 2150cc injectors
Aeromotive AFPR
AEM CD7 dash with logger
Misc AEM sensors (fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temperature, 3.5bar MAP, 3-Port BCS, Ethanol %)
BMR K member
BMR non adjustable A arms w/poly bushings
BMR radiator support with front sway bar delete
BOSS 302 intake manifold
SVE Aluminum Radiator
Summit Dual Fans
T56 Manual Trans (2.97 1st gear)
DSS Driveshaft
McLeod RXT 1200HD Twin Disc Clutch
McCleod Aluminum flywheel

luminum flywheel

Sold my old MT82 trans this past weekend...and got notification yesterday that my T56 Magnum conversion kit is ON THE WAY. Super stoked. My buddy Brad has my new oil pan and will be welding that oil drain bung then march looks like engine month. Plans to disassemble/assemble and drop it back in. I will be dropping the engine in, then installing the trans separately.

I thought you said this was a street car 😝. What are your end goals for this beast?
It is a street car. :D What about an air to water IC doesn't make it one? :p I will run antifreeze in it during the winter. It will make it really consistent if and when I do one of those local drag and drive events during the summer when it's 100+ degrees outside. It's definitely a more expensive setup than an A2A but it came with my used kit and it's a really nice setup. I am surprised more people don't do this with DSMs considering how much boost we run...LOL.
Goal for this car is make 1000 RWHP+ on pump E85 while being a legit street car and running mid to low 9s, 150mph+ on DOTs with all the factory creature comforts AC, full interior, full exhaust etc. Nothing extravagant. It will not be quicker than my Galant though when that becomes an auto though.....LOL.

I am trying not to make it too heavy than stock so I am mindful with the modifications and removing unnecessary weight where I can as i am adding stuff to it.

Ordered a UPR UCA (Upper Control Arm) for the car. These cars only have one. It supports the diff to the vehicle and dictates the pinion angle. My car is lowered so this UCA which is adjustable will help me correct this angle if it's off and it also comes with a poly bushing. It's obviously way more sturdier than the factory junk. This also helps stop wheel hopping on these cars. I had already done some other rear suspension mods and this is one of the few things that is still stock back there. Photos soon.

I also ordered two fittings that will enable me to run a catch can for the oil from the valve covers. A very cheap endeavor,

UPR UCA came in a few weeks ago. I haven't installed it yet. But here is a look. It's adjustable (the length) and has 2 settings for angle on the mounting bracket. The mount is poly...which is more street friendly than the other option.

PXL_20230317_003744491.jpg

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back