The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

My Engine turn off when i rev high RPM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pursuit

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 3, 2007
las vegas, Nevada
Hey i have problem i don't know what happen.
Just car run good but when i shift fast on high RPM Or driving on 5k,6k RPM and put on neutral my engine it's turn off.I change my idle air controller but still make this.
When i driving slow on low boost or vacum everything it's ok.
You can see this clip here that when i rev engine and after i put the acceleration engine's trun off.

YouTube - Eagle Talon My baby

I would check your idle set screw. Seems to idle good at first, but then doens't catch up after running the car and stalls... maybe also vta bov?

I know this is probably a stupid question but are you recirculating your bov....and if not are you running the gm maf set up?

It's not from idle screw I change whole TR with new idle air controller and again make same thing. My bov it's blitz dd bov nor recirculating, and i run with stock maf becouse i can't tun my MAFT.

You aren't recirculating, running without a MAF-T and you are asking why your car stalls after revs?

ROFL Come on dudeeeeeeee.

You aren't recirculating, running without a MAF-T and you are asking why your car stalls after revs?

ROFL Come on dudeeeeeeee.

I don't know what's so funny my friend with 97 GSX have same satup like me without this problem.
How you can explain to me, why my car no make this before hummm ? And what you thing my recirculating or not recirculating. I know many people with dsm in vegas and everybody drive with non recirculating bov,with out problems. If you thing that come from the bov you are wrong.
I try with stock bov and different maf becouse i thing that come from the maf but still make same problem.

I don't know what's so funny my friend with 97 GSX have same satup like me without this problem.
How you can explain to me, why my car no make this before hummm ? And what you thing my recirculating or not recirculating. I know many people with dsm in vegas and everybody drive with non recirculating bov,with out problems. If you thing that come from the bov you are wrong.
I try with stock bov and different maf becouse i thing that come from the maf but still make same problem.

You can not come on to the forums asking the question you are asking with an recirculated BOV and a 2g MAF. That is ridiculous.

I don't care if it was doing it before or not - the problem you are describing is the ONE problem people have with not recirculating, and you aren't recirculating. RECIRCULATE IT BEFORE you come on here and tell me how stupid I am. Guarantee it will stop dying.

^^^You don't have to be so condescending replying to another members post^^^

I would agree with you on the reason your eclipse is stalling at high rpm's is due to not recirculating your BOV. Each car reacts differently when your venting the BOV. Some engines have mild reactions where as some will stall out almost instantanously.

Recirculate your BOV and your engine will be happy and you'll stop stalling.

Your stalling because your venting out metered air passing through the MAS to the atmosphere. Which in turn over richens the a/f ratio.

Didn't mean to be condescending. I just thought that everyone already knew about this problem - and then when I told him about it he gets defensive and acts like it isn't the problem, even though it is.

^^^You don't have to be so condescending replying to another members post^^^

I would agree with you on the reason your eclipse is stalling at high rpm's is due to not recirculating your BOV. Each car reacts differently when your venting the BOV. Some engines have mild reactions where as some will stall out almost instantanously.

Recirculate your BOV and your engine will be happy and you'll stop stalling.

Your stalling because your venting out metered air passing through the MAS to the atmosphere. Which in turn over richens the a/f ratio.

That i say i try with recirculating bov and another maf. I put stock 450cc and almost stock thing on my engine but still make this..... :confused:

Have you recirculated the BOV yet? If not then you can most likely just re-use your stock recirculating hose or go to like home depot and get a hose to fit

I never had problem like this. I know some people who run with non recirculating bov have this problem. But i never have it, i don't know why :D

Recirculating doesn't mean that is always the problem. I had mine recirculated and I had his same problems, I'd rev high and it would drop dead. It was the screw though and not because it wasn't being recirculated.

Recirculating doesn't mean that is always the problem. I had mine recirculated and I had his same problems, I'd rev high and it would drop dead. It was the screw though and not because it wasn't being recirculated.

With me the problem it's with the idle air controler just change him and after that everything was fine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back